xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is This Guy Trying To Pull A Fast One  (Read 158 times)

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
Is This Guy Trying To Pull A Fast One
« on: November 01, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »

Sounds as if you have been scammed I'm willing to bet the console was like that before he brought it to you. Now he has your working 360 and has no reason to contact you to see if his is fixed in his eyes it is because he has yours. Hard way to learn a valuable lesson which is allways allways allways no matter what test the console completely before ever doing anything to it I don't care if it's brand new out the box you still test it first. Hopefully you hear from him again and resolve this and get your 360 back but I'm betting you don't

nuzz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »

That you even give him a/your working xbox with him. Amazing service tongue.gif
If he was planning to scam you in demanding another, working, xbox. Imaging the joy the guy got when you gave him your working to lend while you fix his biggrin.gif

kestrel699

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »

do you think its woth doing ;this making a batch of spoofed firmwares for the drives that would of been in a nov 2005 console hit 47 ts etc(as i have a key- i dont know tho if it came off the benq originally or the original drive that would of been in the console)and then trying all of these on the 360

ps2moduk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »

Always check the machine first, hard way to learn a lesson although we have all made silly mistakes.

The problem is when you mod a fair few consoles you get into a routine and get lazy i have been guilty of it myself. Instead of testing the console works with an original game before flashing you go right inand flash and then find out the console doesn;t work.

And because you never tested you cannot say 100% that it was not working beforehand although the odds are it did not.

I would personally explain that you tested it and it did not work (before you flashed) ask him where he got his replacement mobo from and if they sent him the dvd key that is tied to that mobo.

kestrel699

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »

yeh i initially asked him if he could get in touch with the previous guy who did the update mod but lets face it what are the odds of him retaining the key? it just pisses me off when people come round with faulty consoles expecting miracles and not being upfront with you about things
im well pissed off now cause either way its a tough situation if he returns as i didnt test the console beforehand i have no evidence it was faulty to start with
i only paid 30 for the console (dvd was initialklybroken) and i only use it really for watching divx and my nephew
so now if he does return im going to have a difficult job convincing him it was faulty

Poopchute

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »

I have had a similar experience.  I have only done about 14-15 360's for friends and family.  And I have this one friend who normally is a good guy.  Well he wants me to mod his "already 1 year old" 360 and I do.  Then he calls me back after a couple hours and says that the controllers wont stay connected.  After 30 minutes they disconnect.  So I took the box back and took a look at it and determined that there was a loose connection on the sensor.  I told him that I had never even come close to that section and was 100% sure I hadnt done it.  So I showed him the temporary fix of squeezing the sensor to make it work.  
     Then a year or so later he told me that New games wouldn't load (wave 3).  So I took it back and flashed the latest firmware and it worked.  Then he picked it up and called the next day saying that the system would run for 5 minutes and then give RROD.  The thing is...I had never had his system on for more than 2 minutes to check to see if it loaded.  I never played anything for more than that.  So I had no way of knowing if it had worked before or not.  
Point of the story is that Im 99% sure that he was just trying to get me to buy him a new system.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »

If you do not take a few seconds to check to see the console works before you mod it then you just got scammed.

ALWAYS test every console before you take it apart.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »

Perform the 360 NAND JTAG hack and revive the system.  Let this be a not-so-expensive lesson learned.

[Edit] Never mind, you mentioned this system is at latest dashboard.  So it will be an expensive lesson after all.

alwaysonjohn

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »

While i have never had this happen to me, i have had a flashed drive not read backups.  I simply refunded his money even though it's his drive's fault.  He later bought a new drive from me that i then reflashed, charging him $70 for a drive and the flash (40 for drive 30 for the flash). I have never gotten a bad key btw. so if you've flashed a ton of benqs before i would tell him to F off.