xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Flashed Benq Drive  (Read 137 times)

jorfee

• Archived User
Just Flashed Benq Drive
« on: October 12, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

I updated to iextreme 1.6 I believe using jungleflasher and the benq drive...When I boot up some games I get a message saying an update is available for the game...if I do not update then I will be signed out of xbox live.  With some games the option to save is gone without being able to sign in.

If I download the updates for the games will this interfere in any way with all the work I did flashing the drive and being able to play games?

AZImmortal

• Archived User
Just Flashed Benq Drive
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »

It won't interfere with your ability to play games (in fact, it's a necessity for the games that require updates), but if you want to be able to run the recent Xell hacks and if you still have an exploitable kernel, then installing the latest updates will disallow that.

jorfee

• Archived User
Just Flashed Benq Drive
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Oct 12 2009, 06:11 PM) *

It won't interfere with your ability to play games (in fact, it's a necessity for the games that require updates), but if you want to be able to run the recent Xell hacks and if you still have an exploitable kernel, then installing the latest updates will disallow that.

Not sure what Xell hacks are or if I have an exploitable kernel but all I use the xbox for was to flash and play games...nothing further...i'm a noob when it comes to all the xbox stuff...Never had one until about a week ago and read up on flashing and did it.

So what your saying is i'm completely fine with updating the games when it asks and it will not interfere with my flashed firmware or ability to play the games?

Bustah

• Archived User
Just Flashed Benq Drive
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »

Yes, your completely fine in updating games.

I've updated plenty of my games, and I'm still playing completely fine.

jorfee

• Archived User
Just Flashed Benq Drive
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bustah @ Oct 12 2009, 08:04 PM) *

Yes, your completely fine in updating games.

I've updated plenty of my games, and I'm still playing completely fine.

Alright sounds good.

gopokes7

• Archived User
Just Flashed Benq Drive
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(jorfee @ Oct 12 2009, 02:59 PM) *

Alright sounds good.

I am updated and playing fine as well...

jorfee

• Archived User
Just Flashed Benq Drive
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(gopokes7 @ Oct 13 2009, 08:35 PM) *

I am updated and playing fine as well...

Cool, thanks everyone... I was a little worried about it because my friend had mentioned he did some kind of update and needed to reflash but he didn't specify what that was.  I can't imagine a game update would screw it all up though.