xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Will A Gamertag Name Change Affect Online Profiles After Subscription  (Read 117 times)

ZprivateZ

• Archived User

I'm not sure but I know you can change your gamertag name while your subscription is still active but it cost 800 MS points to do so.

gaming fanboy

• Archived User
Will A Gamertag Name Change Affect Online Profiles After Subscription
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »

you will not lose anything smile.gif  pop.gif

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »

If he lets his subscription to live run out and then makes a new gamertag then resubscribes to live it would be a new account a new name period is a new profile on his 360 itself, how would he be able to keep his stats that way? If he recovers his live account then he reverts back to his old gamertag name with all his stats. The only way I see to keep his stats with a new gamertag name would be to pay 800 MS points to be able to change his gamertag name.

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »

To make a new gamertag would be creating a new profile on your 360 I dont see how you would keep your stats then signing on to live again with a new gamertag would be making a whole new account so again I dont see how you would keep your stats your stats are linked to the gamertag you made them with.

sunnysideOS

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »

Yes - im going to let it run out and become silver. I did not know that it cost 800ms points to change a silver account. i thought it was only for gold. my bad. if what u r saying is true then there is no way to change my gamertag without paying the 800 ms points? with out without the gold subscription?

Millerboy3

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(sunnysideOS @ Feb 4 2009, 12:45 AM) View Post

Yes - im going to let it run out and become silver. I did not know that it cost 800ms points to change a silver account. i thought it was only for gold. my bad. if what u r saying is true then there is no way to change my gamertag without paying the 800 ms points? with out without the gold subscription?

correct. not possible without 800ms points.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(sunnysideOS @ Feb 4 2009, 05:45 AM) View Post

Was this an exercise to simply try to change your gamertag FoC?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(sunnysideOS @ Feb 8 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

what's FoC?

"Free of Charge"

ChubbySpartan

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 06:40:00 PM »

no, but if your gamertag is linked to any sites such as MyGamerCard.net 360voice.com or any site that you have it linked, but DOESN'T use .net passport... your info will be all screwy, and you will have to sign back up...

PilknDunn

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »

The only way to change your Gamertag is at the cost of 800M$ Points.. That is the only way w/o starting a new Gamertag, in which you WOULD lose all your stats, and info..