xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Retrieve Key From Pre Modded Xbox 360  (Read 25 times)

saleem_hacks_360s

• Archived User
Retrieve Key From Pre Modded Xbox 360
« on: December 24, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »

why dont you just try dosflash32 and do it in windows?

gonna save you going into dos you can create your ixtreme15 in windows while your there and then flash the drive using dosflash32 as well.

latest version is v1.7.

just be sure to check the firmware you read off the drive with firmware toolbox and check it for the consoles key.when you know you got it back it up to a cd and keep it safe.
 smile.gif

saleem_hacks_360s

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 04:23:00 AM »

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=629153

just check the firmware with firmware toolbox once you do a read of the drive,once you know you have the key back up the firmware somewhere safe and then proceed to create an ix15 and write the drive.

i dont use iprep,never have done and doubt i ever will.with dosflash32 everything is done step by step nothing is automate like creating the firmware.it must be done by the user.this is why i like it,you get to create the ixtreme which means you got control over it and can check it for key,this way the chances of overwriting and loosing the key are none as you dont erase or write the drive till you know you have got a dump of the firmware with key.
 smile.gif

saleem_hacks_360s

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »

whole idea for you is you need to update an older firmware on your drive to ixtreme15.so you need the key so you can insert it into the ixtreme15 firmware.only way to do that is to read the drive.then after you read/xtract the firmware from drive you can use an app like firmware toolbox,open the firmware you read and it will show the key,that key you need to highlight copy and then open ixtreme15 with firmware toolbox and where the key should be you need to highlight that area and choose paste.your key will appear in the box,just hit replace key button and it will put your key in the ixtreme15 firmware.then choose to write with dosflash32 to the drive and choose that ixtreme15 to write to the drive,it will automaticaly erase the drive then write the ixtreme15 to the drive.then jobs a good one.

what i suggest you should do is google:
dosflash32 youtube and find a video of it running the flash.see what you have to do.

ixtreme15 does not contain a key,it needs you to just insert your key into it and then that can be flashed then to your drive.you just need to read the firmware as thats where your key is.when you get a firmware OFF  the drive with the key which you check to make sure its there,just save it somewhere safe so you always got it.

i just never use iprep,never have and never will.
smile.gif

saleem_hacks_360s

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

no need for update if you dont go on live.
smile.gif