xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lite-on To Ms25--ms28 Using Dosflash16  (Read 1545 times)

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
Lite-on To Ms25--ms28 Using Dosflash16
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 04:14:00 AM »

Very nice indeed.

gerrard

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »

I have similar probelm to geodeath.

buddy6

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(gerrard @ Dec 1 2008, 05:26 AM) View Post

0bj3cti0n

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »

I've done everything right, but can't play original games

The keys for both lite-on and samsung are correct, there were no errors, and the flashe was successful.

what I think may be the problem is after I started up dos flash, going through the steps until your up to the part where your gonna flash, I did erase then write, could this be the problem?

Edit:what i should add is that this drive has had problems reading disc before, but what seems to happen is that the drive wont eject any disc that are in and give this game needs to be inserted inside a xbox...

buddy6

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 06:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(0bj3cti0n @ Dec 20 2008, 06:14 AM) View Post

I've done everything right, but can't play original games

The keys for both lite-on and samsung are correct, there were no errors, and the flashe was successful.

what I think may be the problem is after I started up dos flash, going through the steps until your up to the part where your gonna flash, I did erase then write, could this be the problem?

Edit:what i should add is that this drive has had problems reading disc before, but what seems to happen is that the drive wont eject any disc that are in and give this game needs to be inserted inside a xbox...

It will erase and then flash this is normal
if everything checks out ok in fw toolbox then you have a problem with your drive
laser trouble, might need pot tweek or even new laser
for the price of good quality  new laser you might as well buy new drive
if you are having problems ejecting the disc could be something else wrong with drive buy a new samsung ms28 reflash problem over

0bj3cti0n

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »

well anyhow, i might just go and buy a new drive, thanks anyways

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »

I have an xbox360 that has a drive labeled as ms25. The motor on the drive is having major issues. I thought I might use this guide to replace my broken drive with an extra Lite-on that I had laying around. This is a brand new Lite-on that I collected back before you could flash them. I took it out of a box and put in a sammy for that person so I still have the extra Lite-on and all the files collected during the dump.

So I have dumped the firmware from the ms25 in this box and when I load it up in firmware toolbox this is what I get (now keep in mind that this drive works in the console if I manually put a burned disc in it so the FFFF stuff is weird)

IPB Image

buddy6

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Faluke @ Jan 11 2009, 05:08 AM) View Post

I have an xbox360 that has a drive labeled as ms25. The motor on the drive is having major issues. I thought I might use this guide to replace my broken drive with an extra Lite-on that I had laying around. This is a brand new Lite-on that I collected back before you could flash them. I took it out of a box and put in a sammy for that person so I still have the extra Lite-on and all the files collected during the dump.

So I have dumped the firmware from the ms25 in this box and when I load it up in firmware toolbox this is what I get (now keep in mind that this drive works in the console if I manually put a burned disc in it so the FFFF stuff is weird)

IPB Image

I have a few lite-on drives  lying around myself which can be used for other drives
you need to spoof the lite-on as ms25 if thats the drive in your xbox
I have not been on this site very much since the xtreme 1.5 came out so I am not sure if there is a program to spoof them or do you do it manualy
your firmware dump of the ms25 is no good it should not be like this
if it has been moded with extreme firmware it does not show it and the ffffffff is not right
dump the firmware again  till you get a good dump
this guide is for replacing a lite-on with ms25 ms28 and not for replacing ms25 ms28 with lite-on

so get a good firmware dump of ms25
use extreme 1.5 tutorial to replace key
spoof lite-on to ms25 (not sure how easy this is have not done it yet)
use dosflash to flash firmware

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »

I've dumped plenty of ms25's before. I'm not sure why I get the FFFF. It looks like its dumping just fine. I've tried with mtkflash and dosflash with the same results. I'm wondering if this box first had a hitachi in it and this ms25 is spoofed as a Hitachi (from the firmware toolbox results that's what it looks like)

Other than mtkflash or dosflash is there any other methods for dumping that ms25 firmware?

buddy6

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 04:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Faluke @ Jan 12 2009, 12:43 AM) View Post

I've dumped plenty of ms25's before. I'm not sure why I get the FFFF. It looks like its dumping just fine. I've tried with mtkflash and dosflash with the same results. I'm wondering if this box first had a hitachi in it and this ms25 is spoofed as a Hitachi (from the firmware toolbox results that's what it looks like)

Other than mtkflash or dosflash is there any other methods for dumping that ms25 firmware?

in fw toolbox after the hitachi GDR320L-0059 you get a lot of wrong characters
  that's not right
it does not say it is spoofed
 how can it say hitachi GDR320L when its a ms25 you are dumping
try loading one of the orig bin files that comes with fw toolbox and see if they are correct
have you got any other bin files that you know to be correct try them in fw toolbox
dosflash seems to be the best for dumping and flashing the xbox
as you know if the key is bad and you flash the xbox you will end up with a bag of scrap
if it is an hitachi which it seems to be
then you have to get it into mode b with slax cd and use fw toolbox to dump firmware

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 01:59:00 AM »

The drive's not a Hitachi. It's an ms25. It's just weird that after dumping with both mtkflash and doshflash that it comes up like that in firmware toolbox. I have tried other orig.bin's that I have backed up from other drives and they come up right. I have verified now once again that burned games work in this drive. Weird that I can't get a proper dump.

buddy6

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Faluke @ Jan 13 2009, 09:35 AM) View Post

The drive's not a Hitachi. It's an ms25. It's just weird that after dumping with both mtkflash and doshflash that it comes up like that in firmware toolbox. I have tried other orig.bin's that I have backed up from other drives and they come up right. I have verified now once again that burned games work in this drive. Weird that I can't get a proper dump.

Seems very strange to me
Is your drive recognised as a TS-H943A  in dosflash as the pic below shows

IPB Image

The key location in your bin file shows 4F00 that is for a Hitachi ver 59
and you would get ffffffffffffffffff if it was a TS-H943 firmware as pic shows

IPB Image

for a TS-H943 the key can be in one of three places as shown

IPB Image

use a HEX editor and have a look at the key position in these places
the pic below shows the key as 88888888888 because i have changed it you can see it
is at location 401A but fw toolbox will just round it off to 4000
so your key position in fw toolbox should show 4000 for a TS and not 4F00 for the hitachi

IPB Image

if you want you can E mail me your bin file and I will have a look at it

Pages: 1 [2]