xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Xbox 360 Arcade For £99 - Swap Drive Over ?  (Read 26 times)

jlgmax

• Archived User
New Xbox 360 Arcade For £99 - Swap Drive Over ?
« on: February 03, 2020, 06:10:00 AM »

I already have an XBOX 360 Premium, but without the HDMI socket.

Could I buy the Arcade for £99 (on special offer at Sainsburys) and swap the DVD drive (and hard drive) over into the newer model ?   If I did that would it play backups OK ?

Cheers !

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 07:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(jlgmax @ Oct 3 2008, 02:10 PM) *

I already have an XBOX 360 Premium, but without the HDMI socket.

Could I buy the Arcade for £99 (on special offer at Sainsburys) and swap the DVD drive (and hard drive) over into the newer model ?   If I did that would it play backups OK ?

Cheers !

It would be the same story for any drive you wanted to swap - you need to have extracted the DVD key and spoof data from any drive before you can use another. Don't assume that it's going to have a Lite-On. It may have a Benq or Hitachi, meaning you won't need to swap the drive out.

The HDD will swap fine - that's why they're detachable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

jlgmax

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Oct 3 2008, 03:00 PM) *

It would be the same story for any drive you wanted to swap - you need to have extracted the DVD key and spoof data from any drive before you can use another. Don't assume that it's going to have a Lite-On. It may have a Benq or Hitachi, meaning you won't need to swap the drive out.

The HDD will swap fine - that's why they're detachable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Sorry I wasnt very clear with my question !  

I know that my existing drive has been "flashed" - I thought that if I put my existing drive into the new 360 then it might allow me to run backups as the original drive had been flashed......Im obviously thinking it is more straight forward than it really is !!

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(jlgmax @ Oct 3 2008, 04:12 PM) *

Sorry I wasnt very clear with my question !  

I know that my existing drive has been "flashed" - I thought that if I put my existing drive into the new 360 then it might allow me to run backups as the original drive had been flashed......Im obviously thinking it is more straight forward than it really is !!

Each drive is linked to the 360 by the DVD key and drive type, so as I said - for you currently flashed drive to work on the new unit, you'd need to read the DVD key and drive type data from the drive currently in place and inject it into the existing flashed one.