xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Is Stuck On Reading....0%  (Read 109 times)

zoomerman

• Archived User
Flashing Is Stuck On Reading....0%
« on: August 10, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »

what size is your usb pen

alcatone

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »

I was having the same trouble for a long time too. I was using the CD to boot into iprep since I could not use the USB drive to boot from. Try disconnecting all harddrives and any other drives. I used a floppy and I got to read/write right away.

cjbpuckman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »

it automatically detects the drive without me doing anything it says somthing like ake sure the xbox 360 drive is on then it says press any key to continue and i do and then it detects it and gets stuck at 00% and the only way to get out of it is to reboot thanks

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »

ok - a couple of pointers for those having problems:

1. NTFSDOS is known to have issues with this process. Either use a known working Floppy disk or much better option, a bootable USB stick. If neither are an option, get something like Partition Magic and resize your main PCs NTFS partition so you have a couple of hundred meg left at the end. Create a FAT32 partiton in this area and copy your files to this location instead. Then boot from a floppy/CD (not NTFSDOS) and go to the C drive (which will be the first partition it can read - your FAT32 partition). Try running it again from there.

2. There's an option on iPrep to force the menu:

IPB Image

Make sure it's ticked. If it still doesn't ask you for a choice, make sure you have at least one other drive connected (IDE or SATA, it doesn't matter). As long as MTKFlash can see it, it'll ask you to choose. Pick the option for XTREME Pri Master. If it still stops at 00%, try again after a reboot and follow the MS28 'bad flash' procedure just in case.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(cjbpuckman @ Aug 11 2008, 11:03 PM) View Post

what version of iprep are u using because i am using the latest version and i do not see those options thanks for your your advice though i think it will really help i do however see the patch MTKflash option i tried clicking on this and it tells me to select the number of the drive thagt i want to read, i do that then it says somthing like master/slave ... a:0 i bileive may i am using the wrong version of iprep then i have to hit escape to get out of the screen or reboot

The version of iPrep is irrelevent. iPrep is nothing more than a program which creates a boot device and batch files. The real work is done by MTKFlash (which iPrep also edits to your chipset).

As I said before:

"Pick the option for XTREME Pri Master. If it still stops at 00%, try again after a reboot and follow the MS28 'bad flash' procedure just in case."

Look up MS28 bad flash method, or the 10 second trick. If you don't see an Option for XTREME Pri Master, it means you've not selected your SATA chipset in iPrep and MTKFlash doesn't know the address or port information.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 01:20:00 AM »

What error code appears on screen when you get the red light on the 360?

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »

He was asking about the 'E' code...

Amurka

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 06:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Havok @ Aug 16 2008, 07:21 PM) View Post

He was asking about the 'E' code...

It's a blank black screen nothing comes up on the screen so I did the sinc button and eject button error code number thing.