xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Insert Disk Into Xbox 360 Console" Error  (Read 33 times)

kojudy1

• Archived User
Insert Disk Into Xbox 360 Console" Error
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »

Ive been reading about alot of people who have had this problem, but have seen no real answers to fix it. Mine is a BENQ VAD6038, flashed with IExtreme 1.1, and was working fine for a week or so. I tried playing halo 3 one day, and I got the stick this disk in an xbox 360 console error. I tried a few differnet games, backups and originals, and neither worked. It WILL play DVD movies, but I cant get it to play any games. I tried flashing back to original firmware and the latest IExtreme 1.4 for BENQ drives and stil same problem. I took my dvd drive apart and watched it when I stick games in. The lens moves over and rubs against the part that spins the dvd and it makes a weird noise, then the lens moves back away. I dont know if its supposed to do that or what.

Im wondering if anyone knows whats causing this error, if its a firmware problem or just a bad DVD drive or what, and if ANYONE has managed to fix theirs. PLEASE help i dont know what to do, my drives been broken for weeks now.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »

Try cleaning the lens.

If that doesn't work, try replacing the laser.

kojudy1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »

I already cleaned the lens, that didnt fix anything.

And before I replace the laser, I want to be sure that is the actual problem.
Since I havent read anywhere, where anyone knows the cause of it,
I dont want to waste money when it could be another easy fix.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 03:02:00 AM »

That's fair enough - thing is, if nothing was altered on the drive/console and now originals aren't working, there isn't a lot left to try. The firmware cannot rewrite itself so the only thing left is the quality of the disc read itself.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 03:12:00 AM »

I agree its a drive problem... BenQ's are fairly new so I havent heard many problems (and therefore fixes) for them.

You can try the "rubberband fix" it works for Samsung and Hitachi... basically preventing the drive from overseeking.  Usually it just reads "Open tray" though... while you seem to be getting bad data.

I would also unplug and replug the SATA cable.  Maybe even try replacing it.. as that could have broken when you fladshed the drive.

My guess is the lens or the SATA cable.

kojudy1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 02:41:00 AM »

ok i might try that rubber band trick, but anyone else have any ideas?