xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Invalid Opcode During Ntfs4dos Cd Boot  (Read 43 times)

FlyingRossolini

• Archived User
Invalid Opcode During Ntfs4dos Cd Boot
« on: August 14, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »

Newly formatted PC with XPsp2, 20gb hdd (now partitioned into 2 10gb segments), Via 6421 sata card.

Booting with USB isn't an option with this older Compaq desktop, so I'm attempting the NTFS4DOS boot CD. ISO is burnt, but the desktop in question will give me an Invalid Opcode error, right before it does the drive detection routine. The CD boots up my laptop just fine. Tried fixing it by making my 20gb drive separate 10gb partitions, booting from CD still won't play nice.

I *have* followed the iPrep instructions with a floppy, and the desktop will boot from it (that's as far as I've taken this route), but obviously the floppy isn't the best of options. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »

I think a floppy option is fine and is all I have ever used...

just make sure it is a good floppy..

sambox25

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »

Yeah, I agree with Havok! It should be ok to use a floppy because that's what I had to use to flash mine since my motherboard doesn't support usb boot.  Just make sure you use a brand new floppy that hasn't been used before.  I've used the floppy several times with no problems. Try the floppy. Good luck.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)