xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: How To Flash/update To Ixtreme Firmware: Tutorial  (Read 1245 times)

sosotiit

• Archived User
How To Flash/update To Ixtreme Firmware: Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »

bump

tr1pp3r

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »

Can't edit my last message... don't know why.

Tested c&c 3 demo, same problem as game.
black screen and locks up console.

Tested Rumble Roses demo (man that sucked) and doesn't work either, immediate lock up.

Teste blitz  &nd Monster madness demo, they both worked fine as far as I played... for about 4 - 5 minutes.

the rest of the games freeze within the minute.

so as far as I can get, is that my xbox bricked by the spring update...

will still try originals, but if the c&c 3 demo has the same problem as the original game (locks up, and sometimes when it freeze the black screen shows some green squares from the c&c3 logo)

I hate this... just when I wanted to play a game! (don't play that much really, only now cause c&c3 was released.)

Think I have to call ms tomorrow then...

timewaster

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(tr1pp3r @ May 9 2007, 04:46 PM) View Post

Can't edit my last message... don't know why.
Tested c&c 3 demo, same problem as game.
black screen and locks up console.

Tested Rumble Roses demo (man that sucked) and doesn't work either, immediate lock up.

Teste blitz  &nd Monster madness demo, they both worked fine as far as I played... for about 4 - 5 minutes.

the rest of the games freeze within the minute.

so as far as I can get, is that my xbox bricked by the spring update...

will still try originals, but if the c&c 3 demo has the same problem as the original game (locks up, and sometimes when it freeze the black screen shows some green squares from the c&c3 logo)

I hate this... just when I wanted to play a game! (don't play that much really, only now cause c&c3 was released.)

Think I have to call ms tomorrow then...

that doesn't sound right. The C&C demo does not even use the drive since it gets loaded to your HD. if that is locking up maybe its your xbox that is broken?

dialtone187

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »

hey i did the spring update yesterday and im at 5.2 I was wondering if its a good idea to go up to 5.3 and if so will there be any problems upgrading to 5.3 with the new kernel?? Thanx a bunch.

tr1pp3r

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »

Yeah !

that's what I said!

Hope I don't have to wait to long for a new/repaired one... smile.gif

or maybe there's a fix ? which I doubt since demo's also freeze...

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

there will be no problem doing the flashing,
soso

SD5150

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(tr1pp3r @ May 9 2007, 01:30 PM) View Post

Yeah !

that's what I said!
Hope I don't have to wait to long for a new/repaired one... smile.gif

or maybe there's a fix ? which I doubt since demo's also freeze...

Are you sure you flashed it right, have you ever done it before? Was the right Key in place and is it the right FW for your drive? If you are having problems loading the Demo's for your HD, then there could be another problem...

ScrewinGates

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 03:42:00 PM »

i flashed my ms25 with 5.3 the day it came out,downloaded the new update on live 2 hrs. ago(very cool by the way)been playing a newly released  for about an hour..no probs at all.thanks c-4 you da man biggrin.gif

tr1pp3r

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(SD5150 @ May 9 2007, 11:34 PM) View Post

Are you sure you flashed it right, have you ever done it before? Was the right Key in place and is it the right FW for your drive? If you are having problems loading the Demo's for your HD, then there could be another problem...

I'm flashing from the beginning of the fw's so I did it right off course!

I also said
I flashed to other firmware's a couple of times to test... maybe didn't read my post totally ?smile.gif

It isn't working
not with original ms28
not with 5.3 A
nog with 5.3 B

Demo's lock up

backups lock up

and orgininals lock up.

Almost Everything I try to play lock ups.... haven't tried arcade games yet... but that's not where I bought that 400 euro expensive thing for wink.gif

hobogoonie

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 05:50:00 AM »

Just wanted to check something soso,

I've got 2 XBOX 360's, flashed them both from original ---> xtreme5.2D
One is an MS-25, one is an MS-28. Both working fine on live.

I want to re-flash them with 5.3D, can I use the same method I used the first time? i.e. Textbooks Tut, XBM reading current firmware, hacking it (me checking key looks ok on another PC) and flashing with the badflash method?

Bearing in mind that one is an MS-25 and the other an MS-28? The first time I did the 25 I did it the normal way, but can I now use the badflash 10 sec method? and flash right over 5.2D?

Thankyou for your help, I have read the guides many times but just want to check 100% before I go ahead.

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2007, 06:04:00 AM »

badflash will work for both (even for ms25 since there is the firmguard now)

I am not a big fan of the batch file flashing (samread, xread...) tends to not show the errors very well. I guess if you check the key in between it is already better. also make sure the ms25 is spoofed ok as ms25

I much prefer the mtkflash/fwtoolbox described here wink.gif , but up to you
good luck
-soso

insidious2

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »

i tried to flash my ms 25 from 5.2 to 5.3 a few days back.it failed on the third bank.the floppy drive just bailed on me mid flash.
anyway my pci card came yesterday.VIA VT 6421L.
now i know there are several combos of things to do, and order of steps to take (seconds counted, sata plug timing, ect.) to get the flashing working.i don't wanna get into asking about the trial and error stuff, rather precisely ask for advise/assistance with the more concrete issues I'm having.
Suffice to say my problem related to my starting this thread has not been resolved.so let me get to it.
I tried editing mtkflash to work with the via card by using xtreme bootmaker, both 3.6 and 5.3.
in both of them i had an issue inputing the firmware, the .rar for 5.3 or the .bin for 3.6.in the case of 5.3, the program doesn't allow me to create the edited mtkflash without the firmware inputed.in 3.6, it lets me know that it's something unknown..but allows me to continue with editing the mtkflash.

question: is that cool as is? should the mtkflash be edited correctly despite the firmware issue?
(i read in a tutorial that it should but i wanted to make sure)

my drive is originally an ms 25.common sense told me to check ms 28 bad flash recovery option in xtreme bootmaker.is that good judgement?

Anyone with a definitive explanation to what
"?? =00 should be 70"
and/or
"??=80 should be 70"

"??=80 should be 70"
is indicative of?
how about "err: fail to open input file: flash type: "sst (sst25vf040)(serial)"
because i've gotten all of those messages during the attempted flashing process.
i've gotten as far as getting the floppy to boot to the point where it says

"1. XTREME pri. master" (or something of a close variation)

when i click on it it always instantly goes to "a.400 master/slave (or something of a close variation)
does "1. XTREME pri. master" as an option to select mean that my mtkflash has been edited correctly to work with the via chipset?
or is it still open at that point that my mtkflash hasn't been edited correctly?

i'd appreciate any help with any and /or all of the above inquiries.I've read all the tutorials within sight, and beyond sight.these questions will give me a greater understanding to what i am doing wrong.thanks.

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007, 05:35:00 AM »

sst25vf040

are you sure you are flashing the proper drive ?? it should say sst39... not 25,
is everything else disconnected
-soso

insidious2

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007, 06:21:00 AM »

UPDATE: It works!
I used a pre-constructed mtkflash for the via chipset.
then i followed the 10 sec method according to it's default instructions (turned on 360 exactly 10 seconds after selecting sata)
it flashed back to my original flawlessly.
So I am pretty sure that I was not creating my via mtk correctly with bootmaker.
the mtkflash i used i downloaded.amd i'd love to upload it for anyone that might be going through the same problems i was, BUT it seems like a real grey area as far as the rules are concerned.matter fact I'm 80% sure it's probably not allowed.mods, can you confirm this to me?i'd love to save someone time and trouble if things aren't working but i respect this site and its policy, so just let me know for sure.how about pms?
anyway, thanks to sotiit and textbook for all the help and provided tutorials.
btw. after flashing orig back, i flashed to 5.3 with no problem.did the update, gears of war orig and backup bootup fine:)

gymguy

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

well reflashed with 5.3d used firmware toolbox to enter my key and spoof the drive reflashed and all is ok so not sure what happened. tongue.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10