xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: How To Flash/update To Ixtreme Firmware: Tutorial  (Read 1244 times)

sosotiit

• Archived User
How To Flash/update To Ixtreme Firmware: Tutorial
« on: May 06, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »

This quick tutorial on how to Flash/upgrade you Samsung  to the latest Xtreme firmware will in fact just guide you to the existing tutorials. It is based on using the badflash method (10 sec trick) but could be adapted to be used with the 0800 disc (for ms25 owner only).

YES IT REQUIRES A VIA CHIPSET/PCICARD

It is also recommended that you do not use your X360 to power your drive while the sata cable is disconnected from your MB. The E64 error generated could be logged and use as an indication of a potential change in firmware. Your options are
  • Use a console that is already banned or 3 RLOD
  • Use a Connectivity Kit
  • Do your flash without the vidocable connected which gives you 5 minutes. This will activate the power without initiating the CPU that monitors the E64 error. If you are prepared well, this is enough time. If you take longer the x360 will shut down which is not good in the middle of a flash!!! Be sure to restart it before the flash to give yourself the 5 minutes.

1) Prepare your USB key (Quick Tutorial: Iprep 101 / Xtreme Boot Maker 5.3 & 3.6), if you already have one with XBM or iPrep on it will do just fine.

2) Then follow MS25/28 Flashing/Updating Tutorial

------------------------

Do not ask about how to use this with Samflash, xflashm iflash..., it is not meant for it, you need to find another tutorial.

Plse post question in this thread

-soso

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Jun 7 2007, 02:15 AM

RamboULW

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 08:07:00 AM »

Thanks, i'll give it a go once i get the chance.

Wasn't sure how i'd go about upgrading, but you've explained it well =)

Pinion

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »

I thought once you flashed the ms25 the first time it basically turned into an ms28?  So my drive was originally an ms25 before I flashed with extreme 5.2c, but now it's an ms28 and I should just have to use the bad flash (10 sec) method right? Or do I still need the 0800 disc?

I'm waiting until at least tomorrow to bother flashing anyway, to see what happens to others. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Pinion: May 6 2007, 05:45 PM

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pinion @ May 6 2007, 01:20 PM) View Post

I thought once you flashed the ms25 the first time it basically turned into an ms28?  So my drive was originally an ms25 before I flashed with extreme 5.2c, but now it's an ms28 and I should just have to use the bad flash (10 sec) method right? Or do I still need the 0800 disc?

I'm waiting until at least tomorrow to bother flashing anyway, to see what happens to others. smile.gif

yes and no,

you can always use the bad flash (10 sec trick ) method with the ms25 (and obviously ms28), and in that case you do not need the 0800 disc.
With the ms25 you also have the choice of using the 0800 to unlock your firmguard and flash without the 10 sec trick.
I find it is simpler to always unse bad flash (10 sec) with a via chipset.

One note, the firmware being based on ms28 does not change the fact that your hardware is ms25 and you must spoof the firmware to ms25 (it is by default ms28)

this is how to use the 0800 disc by mrjkwik, well said , clear and concise, nothing to add  biggrin.gif
QUOTE(mrjkwik @ Jun 1 2007, 08:47 AM) View Post

just an fyi kinda post for those concerned about time frames and flashing without the a/v cable in.  here is what i do.

My bootdisk is already prepared since my orig.bin is already on my pc from the first time.

1.  I boot the computer first to prompt, then enter the mtkflash command but do not hit enter.
2.  Power on 360 by hitting eject.  This will pop open the tray, and I put in the 0800 disc but dont close the drive.
3.  Now I hit enter.
4.  Then close the drive and wait about 20-30 seconds.
5.  Next I select my primary and flashing begins.

Total time is about 2 minutes, so I'd have 3 minutes to spare from the 360 auto shutting down from not having the a/v cable in.

Yes, nothing new in this post.  Sometimes its nice to have something reiterated for those that don't go searching for it.

-soso

Pinion

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply.  My situation is a little more complicated.  I replaced my hitachi v78 with an ms25.  I followed this guide last time and it's been working fine

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=585302

The only thing I spoofed was v78 I never did anything about the fact that it's an ms25 not an ms28.  Could you elaborate a little on that step? Is it necessary? Thanks for the tips.

Sinar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »

Method tested samsung ms25. 5.2a to 5.3a upgrade using xbm with file modded.
Did xread/xflash method rather than mtkflash.
Retail gears of war and backup dead rising checked and working 100%.

Thanks sosotiit your fix guide was perfectly timed.

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pinion @ May 6 2007, 01:36 PM) View Post

Thanks for the reply.  My situation is a little more complicated.  I replaced my hitachi v78 with an ms25.  I followed this guide last time and it's been working fine

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=585302

The only thing I spoofed was v78 I never did anything about the fact that it's an ms25 not an ms28.  Could you elaborate a little on that step? Is it necessary? Thanks for the tips.

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Mar 23 2007, 08:15 PM) View Post

Yes, another method to Flash/update the firmware on a Samsung drive !!

... Note that if your samsung is a replacement drive for another model or you have replaced your Motherboard, then you must use the proper drive ID in the Spoof of Step 12
-If your Samsung is a ms25 and is the original drive, make sure you select the drive ID as ms25
-If you replaced your drive, select the drive ID that you had originally on that motherboard.
-If you replaced your motherboard, you need to select the drive ID that was on the MB originally.

Since your ms25 is not the original for that MB then the first condition does not apply to you, so your situation is that you replaced your drive (#2),--> if your origianl drive onthe MB was a v78, you should use v78 as a Drive ID.

good luck,
-soso

Pinion

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 06:16:00 PM »

Thanks again. Now to see what Monday brings.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »

Just as curious  biggrin.gif , unfortunately I will miss large part of it as I will be out tomorrow am  sad.gif .

-soso

leorimolo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »

this feals noobish,

Ok I got my sammy drive preflashed with 5.2, now I want to upgrade I have a few q's on mkt flasher

If I have a common chipset (via)do I need to install custom drivers, also I believe there is a prog to inject the cd key called kdx?, So this method would involve no hexing.

Thanks
LEo

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

forget the injecting of key, use the tutorial above.

since it came preflashed, if you do not have the key , you will need to get that first How to recover your X360 drive key, then use the Tut above.

-soso

This post has been edited by sosotiit: May 8 2007, 02:16 AM

pedror-sp

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »

I have some questions about upgrading.

I´ve flashed my MS28 from the original fw to 5.2a w/ succes, everything ok.

Well, now I want to upgrade to 5.3a   Extreme boot maker won´t allow me to make a boot disk w/ 5.3 rar, so I do it w/ 5.2.

How and when do I replace the xtremefw.bin on the diskette with a 5.3a one ?  Should I patch the fw, should I just copy and change name, or what ?  

After this step, should I continue flashing as I did the first time (remembering that in my dvd I´ve got the 5,2a )  ?  I saved my orig.bin, will it be necessary ?

Damn, i´m very sorry for the stupid questions, but it´s killing me...

Thanks in advance,

Pedro

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(sosotiit @ May 6 2007, 10:32 AM) View Post

that is answered in that tutorial

keep the same orig.bin that you have currently (and print a copy of the key when open with FW toolbox beacuse a harddisk die  wink.gif sometimes)
and just follow step 9 to 21 of the tut.

-soso

pedror-sp

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »

Thank you ! Worked 100% !

booker

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(loveonfire4u @ May 6 2007, 10:32 AM) View Post

Plz help me . I dont know which firmware I have got on my x360 got it done from sum 1 so plz tell me do i need my original firmware coz I think i have lost dem and i download the file from xbin in rar dere is fw folder with alot of files like 53a_ht46,xtem 53a,b,c,d etc so how do i know which 1 should i do coz dere is no bat file and I have hitachi dvd-rom not sure if its 56 vs or 78 how do i check that also i heard dis is only samsung users not for hitachi is it true.

I have the same problem, i don´t know wich Firmware i should use from the folder.

I have a samsung drive though. sm25.

I already read the FAQ sosotiit point me out but i didn´t find anything about it.

I should use the xtrem53a.bin file ?

thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10