xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trouble Flashing A Ts-h943  (Read 121 times)

Zraxius

• Archived User
Trouble Flashing A Ts-h943
« on: January 22, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »

I am currently using a bootable USB Drive made with xtremebootmaker 0.3.6 to update the firmware for the Toshiba-Samsung which is connected to my VT6421A PCI SATA Card. Xtremebootmaker has placed both x360sam and mktflash onto my thumbdrive, and after inserting my xbox serial numbers into x360sam, I am prompted to select one of two drives: IDE secondary A & IDE secondary B.  It appears that the TS-H943 on my PCI SATA card isn' t recognized. How do I fix this?

While in the xtremebootmaker GUI, I noticed that I was unable to load the xtreme52.bin firmware obtained from xbins, so I simply loaded the xtreme.bin found in the xtreme package. Was this a mistake?

I believe My A7N8X Motherboard uses a Nforce4 Chipset, So I attempted to use the MTK-NF4 flasher, but to no avail.  After that is when I switched to xtremebootmaker. I have booted to the thumbdrive with all IDE's & Onboard Sil3112 Serial ports disabled in BIOS, but still no joy.  Do I need to manually mod my mktflash since my SATA card is PCI?  Should I replace xtreme.bin with xtreme52a.bin?  Please someone help!

walkman4448

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »

Did you properly install your SATA card? Also, are you leaving all your devices plugged in at the same time? i.e. hard drives, dvd drives...

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »

Disconnect all devices except the Xbox 360 drive..

I have found on some systems you need to boot with the Xbox360 connected and powered...

other systems like it off until right  before flashing..

Also try both ports on the VIA card...

Zraxius

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »

Everything appears to be properly installed.  I'll disconnect all IDE drives and get back to the forums. Was it ok to use xtreme.bin instead of xtreme52a.bin for my drive?  Does mktflash need to be hexedited manually, instead of with xtremebootmaker?

This post has been edited by Zraxius: Jan 23 2007, 05:39 AM

Zraxius

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 06:12:00 AM »

Alright, I've unplugged all IDE HD's and CDROM's. I have no devices connected to my onboard SATA.  When I connect the TS-H943 to the PCI SATA card, mktflash states that no drives have been found.  I get this message on both PCI SATA ports.  When I connect the drive to my onboard SATA, mktflash states that the Sil3112 CHIPSET is not supported. The manual I'm reading warned of that error, which is why I bought the VT6421A PCI SATA Card.  I believe the SATA card is installed correctly since the device manager is clean, and shows the RAID controller for the card.  Also, xtremebootmaker was easily able to autodetect the card and it's I/O numbers.

I see no way to make the pci card the default sata drive, or any way to determine if the card is set to RAID array or not. Does anyone have any ideas?

Zraxius

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 06:57:00 AM »

Alright, I've been able to have mktflash find the SATA card by plugging my dvd-rom into the ide slot on the card, then plugging in the TS-H943.  Now I cannot get mktflash to actually connect to the Drive and extract the orig.bin.  I've tried unplugging the SATA cable before the A: prompt, keeping everything plugged in, and keeping the xbox360 turned offf completely until I have to type in SAMREAD "XXXXXXX XXXXX".

When I hit escape to abort I get: status: 51 should be 70

This post has been edited by Zraxius: Jan 23 2007, 02:59 PM

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »

if you have an ms28 then you need to use the bad flash recovery, 10 second trick (via chipset only).  if its a ms25 then you dont.

Zraxius

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

DONE!!!!!!!

Here's what I did: I used the suggestions posted here and followed this guide: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=563397

Here's the step by step for others who are where I was:

1. Obtained all needed files from xbins/torrents & opened the 360
2. Bought a VT6421A pci SATA card
3. Used extremebootmaker to load xtrem52a.bin onto USB Drive (all options checked since I have MS28)
4. Unplugged all drive cables
5. Plugged SATA cable onto back of PCI card
6. Connected the PC's DVD Rom onto IDE of PCI card.
7. Removed SATA cable from 360's DVD drive
8. Booted to USB Drive
9. Plugged SATA cable from PCI card into 360's DVD Drive & turned 360 on.
10. Typed in samread "xxxxxxx xxxxx" & turned off 360 with pwr button during pause
11. Typed "1" for XTREME Primary Master Drive, then waited 3 sec's
12. Turned 360 back on & saw mktflash immediately start reading DVD firmware.
13. Turned off both PC & XBOX, then repeated steps 7 - 12 but using "samhack" instead of "samread" in step 10

moocher962

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Zraxius @ Jan 23 2007, 12:28 PM) *

DONE!!!!!!!

Here's what I did: I used the suggestions posted here and followed this guide: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=563397

Here's the step by step for others who are where I was:

1. Obtained all needed files from xbins/torrents & opened the 360
2. Bought a VT6421A pci SATA card
3. Used extremebootmaker to load xtrem52a.bin onto USB Drive (all options checked since I have MS28)
4. Unplugged all drive cables
5. Plugged SATA cable onto back of PCI card
6. Connected the PC's DVD Rom onto IDE of PCI card.
7. Removed SATA cable from 360's DVD drive
8. Booted to USB Drive
9. Plugged SATA cable from PCI card into 360's DVD Drive & turned 360 on.
10. Typed in samread "xxxxxxx xxxxx" & turned off 360 with pwr button during pause
11. Typed "1" for XTREME Primary Master Drive, then waited 3 sec's
12. Turned 360 back on & saw mktflash immediately start reading DVD firmware.
13. Turned off both PC & XBOX, then repeated steps 7 - 12 but using "samhack" instead of "samread" in step 10

Hey bud, I did this same exact method, but I didn't have to use the IDE cable for the dvd drive.  just hooked up sata to 360, did the 10 second trick, backed up orig.bin and wrote hacked.bin to drive.  After this, I used the activate.iso to put my drive in 800 mode so I can start backups, but it does not detect my drive for some reason?  Am I supposed to be booting with the usb stick again and tryping in some kind of command?  I'm confused. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Thanks alot