xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unrecognised Disc?  (Read 105 times)

oops01

• Archived User
Unrecognised Disc?
« on: August 03, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »

Hi all, I finally hacked my firmware (using the manual option on my sammy) but not very successfully it seems as every time I try to load a backup it says unrecogised disc, and every time I load an original game it says: to play this disc, put it in an xbox 360 console?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

the only good thing is that I was able to load the original firmware back the the samsung drive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)  so now Im back to the start  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)  

I was able to load the 0800 firmware and make a backup, but dont know if it works yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
so has anyone any idea why the extreme firmware isn't working ?

bigivan15

• Archived User
Unrecognised Disc?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

i have the same problem....i flashed my samsung with the xtreme v3 firmware, but after that none of my originals were recongised?  what did i do wrong?  i get the same error message:  To play this disc, please insert into Xbox 360.  Please Help!!!

bonevichio

• Archived User
Unrecognised Disc?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

Did you use KDX?  KDX is unreliable.

You may need to hex-edit the exteme FW with the key from your orig.bin

cyster15

• Archived User
Unrecognised Disc?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

the keys were not loaded correctly. Use hex edit stay away from kdx. It dosent work correctly all the time.

shizzetz

• Archived User
Unrecognised Disc?
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »

I need some professional help. I have been reading and banging my head with this modding for three solid days. I got the drive into mode B, apllied xtreme frimware v1.3 and not a damn thing works. I can get originals to boot but nothing but a dirty disc error on my backups. I think the problem strated when I first applied the firmware I got a message telling me to "update xbox in order to play this disc", I stupidly applied.  
I have a F8&kin Hitachi 47d drive, a Pioneer 111d modded w TDB and using Verbatims. I have burned 4 coasters at 2.4x, I have apllied every firmware on the market and still get the dirty disc error. If anyone has a clue or a link to a forum that has a clue I sure could use it right now.

bigivan15

• Archived User
Unrecognised Disc?
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

ok i got mine to work.  problem was the xtreme 3 firmware. it was a bad one, got another one and it worked like a charm.

bonevichio

• Archived User
Unrecognised Disc?
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(shizzetz @ Aug 28 2006, 05:33 PM) *

I have a F8&kin Hitachi 47d drive, a Pioneer 111d modded w TDB and using Verbatims.

How exactly was your process for making your backup.  Maybe SS isn't patched correctly.

Are you using Verbatim DVD+R DL?  Make sure they are + not -

thehittmann

• Archived User
Unrecognised Disc?
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 06:34:00 AM »

I had the same problem when i first flashed the drive. I used KDX the first time because i thought it would be easy.

Reflashed after a manual hex edit and it now works a charm. (with original games). When i try to play a backup take for instance i scratched my copy of PGR the first day i got the 360.... (will never stand it vertical ever again) I've made a backup of the game so i can still play it but everytime i put the disc in it says please put it in your xbox 360 console.

Any help??

I followed the guides to the letter. I burnt using the dvd decrypter method. My dvd burner auto bitsets DL discs to DVD-ROM and i checked the burnt disc to make sure of that. I am using Ritek media.

This post has been edited by thehittmann: Aug 29 2006, 01:45 PM

custom_1

• Archived User
Unrecognised Disc?
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »

ok, i am BRAND new to all this, but i think this is the right place, i dont want to waste anyone's time.

I have a xbox 360, it's got a hitachi 47d in it. I got it into modeb, the pc could see it fine, i used "OPA-XTREME-HITACHI-7IN1-V2_1" to flash21.bat it. I made a backup before, after i was experiancing the same problems, the tray would say open when it was not, i would have to press the eject button 2 or 3 times to get the drive to respond, then taken to the "please put this disk in a xbox 360" etc.

I was able to restore orginal firmware and am back where i started, i don't know if that falls under kdx but any help would be GREAT, thanks

Sitting on Edge

ash1471

• Archived User
Unrecognised Disc?
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(custom_1 @ Sep 13 2006, 03:23 AM) *

ok, i am BRAND new to all this, but i think this is the right place, i dont want to waste anyone's time.

I have a xbox 360, it's got a hitachi 47d in it. I got it into modeb, the pc could see it fine, i used "OPA-XTREME-HITACHI-7IN1-V2_1" to flash21.bat it. I made a backup before, after i was experiancing the same problems, the tray would say open when it was not, i would have to press the eject button 2 or 3 times to get the drive to respond, then taken to the "please put this disk in a xbox 360" etc.

I was able to restore orginal firmware and am back where i started, i don't know if that falls under kdx but any help would be GREAT, thanks
                                                                           Sitting on Edge

PM me and tell me what you did in detail I will try and help you out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)