xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2 Xbox 360 In House 1 12month Prepaid Live Subscription  (Read 339 times)

C o s m o

• Archived User
2 Xbox 360 In House 1 12month Prepaid Live Subscription
« on: May 23, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

You can only use one account per machine at a time.  Console 1 has account X active, then account X can not be used on console 2 without recovering account X to console 2.  The same principle applies backwards as well.

Lpk32187

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

You can use both boxes as long as their using diff gamertags or if lets say 360 A is using gamertag xboxnewbie104024 then 360 B uses gamertag xboxaddict101 then it will work, but you can have the same gamertag on another box but you can't use them at the same time 1 has to be offline.

mobettaut

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(dontasciime @ May 23 2006, 01:15 PM) View Post

Might be a stupid question, but here goes, if i have 2 xbox 360 in house 1 up 1 downstairs both with diff gamertags, one has 12months of subscription to live the other has not claimed the 1 month free, can i use 1 account for both machines using diff gamertags etc at same time as well, thanks

If someone could use 1 account for multiple gamertags on different machines at the same time then what would prevent them from buying 1 account and sharing it with their friend not in the household. Just applying this concept, it would cut sales of XBL accounts in half if you could share one account simultaneously.
As you stated though, you could use the 12 month account with one gamertag and the 1 month free account with another gamertag at the same time on the 2 machines.

dontasciime

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 04:26:00 AM »

xbox live should be free in the first instance, what you on about cheapskate trick.

you have already paid ms for xbox/ xbox 360 and the games.

Most multiplayer games are free to play online in pc terms, ie half life all the mods etc once you have paid for the game.

Just ms attempt to get more money outta ya, market place 5th rate games for £10 laughable.

So anyone on here got 2 360 and paid for both subs

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 06:16:00 AM »

I know TwistedSymphony has 2 gold accounts, one for him and one for his partner. I'm sure they're not the only ones...

Im happy to pay for live, its an awesome service. Its a nice controlled environment with an awesome marketplace. Its a no fuss way to get updates for games. I think some of the arcade games are great, maybe you just don't appreciated the simpleness, or maybe something hasn't come out for you yet.

PC gaming is free because it always has been. If people started to charge for playing games, it would be an uproar and people simply wouldn't do it. Ie, the sims 2. World of warcraft seems to be doing well though. And on the pc, you have cheaters, little bitches and people who are just out to make trouble. On live, you can do something about it.

If you don't like live or don't think its worth paying for, then don't pay for it or use it. Don't complain about a great service. If it was so crap and nobody wanted to use it, then why does it have over 2 million users?

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

why doesnt the person using xbox #2 go and buy there own 12month?
paying $50 a year is a very good price for xboxlive
that price is mainly because new servers are being added so more and more people over the world can play

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

i just dont get this. why dont you just have one that you just play live on. if you put out 800 for 2 xboxs plus xbox live plus games whats another $50 bux. really how offten are you going to want to play 2 xboxs on live at one time.

RevJonathan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

I see your point, you want your kids to be able to play multiple gamertags, that's cool.

What I don't understand is you were in a position to buy 3 360's and yet you clearly cannot type. How can you have that much money and the grammar skills of a 7 year old? If you really have kids and aren't just trying to cover up your youth, what could your job possibly be that gets you in this situation? I hope that you're just a kid who mom and dad bought him and his brother two 360s.

Most of all, after all of this, why do you still complain? I too wish that Live were free, but I don't see how it's possible to have that many gamers and still be free. Maybe Sony will prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Just because they cannot work out the multiple gamertag issue, you can't accept it.

Return one Xbox, keep the other, tell your kids to share one box and one account. It'll save you money and your kids won't turn out like you.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(dontasciime @ May 26 2006, 07:28 PM) View Post

try asking my 15 year old son to fork out £39.99 for live. don't think so, think it will be me who pays.
Then when i get the 3rd for my daughter, gotta buy another, yeah cheapskate me.

If you can afford 3 Xbox 360s then you can afford live.
My 12 year old daughter wanted a £69.99 MP3 player, so guess what she saved every bit of money she got and it took her 3 months but she paid for it herself. If your 15 year old wants live make him save for it. If you give kids everything they want you will be in the supermarket buying Bog Roll to wipe their arses forever.
Like  I first said if you can afford 3 machines you have the cash for live.

nwo504

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

you can play lan games.

MikeAkehurst

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 06:07:00 AM »

Why would you ever need 3 xbox's?  Don't you share in your house?  We have one, Myself, My Dad (not often though) and my Brother all play on it without any troubles.

CrystalXBOX

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(dontasciime @ May 26 2006, 07:28 PM) View Post

try asking my 15 year old son to fork out £39.99 for live. don't think so, think it will be me who pays.
Should be able to have option of locking Live to your home address, saying as you have to enter it to get passport.

If when live first launched if everyone said thanks but no thanks, think we will just wait for kai, or xbconnect etc they would not have so many subscribers.

Its a bit much to have to pay 3X for 360 then 3x for live subs, fair enough if ms said ok i see you have bought 3 360's, provide proof of purchase and for them to do a deal for 3 subs then ok, but to be mugging one of their best customers, who has bought 4 xboxes as well it's a bit much.
You mention hassle free updates, yeah, when ya connection was working flawless and then for it to change to moderate in nat when you have applied no changes and when it used to say open, if they gonna update it would be nice for them to list what or why it has to update.

Yeah ok, your happy with it, buy another couple of 360 for members of your family when you have to pay for the hardware and the subs and see how happy that makes you.

yeah i can see i am being a bit tight fisted, it's a bit hard in the uk, as you get mugged all over the place with hardware prices and vat etc, to want to get a bargain or too save just a little if you can.

...ok thanks for the input even if i disagree with you, i still respect your point of view.

Man, i'm a member of the last chance group, so I sure don't want to upset anyone.....however... since when is xbox live a god-given right?  I grew up on KAI and I have tried XBC, both nice services.. both nothing like live in comparison.  Not apples to apples.  Your complaining because you would have to buy 3 360's and 3 live account for 3 people???  Your trying to make a sad story about how you need to buy all these 360's and live accounts like it's food for the family.  I hope you just woke up to early or was just in a grumpy mood, because you have a real twisted sense of reality.  

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(CrystalXBOX @ May 27 2006, 02:11 PM) View Post

Man, i'm a member of the last chance group, so I sure don't want to upset anyone.....

You are still allowed an opinion in your posts as long as you don't break the rules you know.
Relax. The poster understands not everyone will agree with his thoughts.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 02:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(dontasciime @ May 26 2006, 11:28 AM) View Post

Should be able to have option of locking Live to your home address, saying as you have to enter it to get passport.

If when live first launched if everyone said thanks but no thanks, think we will just wait for kai, or xbconnect etc they would not have so many subscribers.

Its a bit much to have to pay 3X for 360 then 3x for live subs, fair enough if ms said ok i see you have bought 3 360's, provide proof of purchase and for them to do a deal for 3 subs then ok, but to be mugging one of their best customers, who has bought 4 xboxes as well it's a bit much.
You mention hassle free updates, yeah, when ya connection was working flawless and then for it to change to moderate in nat when you have applied no changes and when it used to say open, if they gonna update it would be nice for them to list what or why it has to update.

Yeah ok, your happy with it, buy another couple of 360 for members of your family when you have to pay for the hardware and the subs and see how happy that makes you.

yeah i can see i am being a bit tight fisted, it's a bit hard in the uk, as you get mugged all over the place with hardware prices and vat etc, to want to get a bargain or too save just a little if you can.

...ok thanks for the input even if i disagree with you, i still respect your point of view.

4 and ms best customer? i just think your crazy. i agree with RevJonathan they need to share or pay for it on there own. my parents ever bought my a system. from nes to the 360 i have always paid for my own. i dont even know if they even bought me a game for it once.

roguetel

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

What should really burn your ass along with the multiple Live subscriptions, is buying multiple copies of the same damn game.

All this boils down to the fair use argument and the fact that fair use never works in favor of the corporation that creates the product.

mmmm fair use love.gif
Pages: [1] 2