xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Live Internet Streaming From Media Centre To 360?  (Read 75 times)

vydex

• Archived User
Live Internet Streaming From Media Centre To 360?
« on: February 09, 2006, 05:32:00 AM »

I have recently come into possesion of a copy of Windows Media Centre Edition, and would like some opions from people on weather I should install it for the sake of my 360. I know you can view movies and I know about the streaming of Divx content and the like, but the one thing that is stopping me installing WMCE is the streaming of live internet streams like those used by ppstream TVants sopcast and the like.

The reason I ask is I watch a lot of Premiership football matches live using those services( I am an BIG Liverpool fan) and on some I was able to stream using xbox media centre on my old xbox to my big TV in the front room. This is all gone a bit pear shaped now as I have taken my old xbox upstairs to the bedroom and replaced it with the 360.

Now before I go into the long haul of installing WMCE I was wondering if anyone had any info on weather I could watch internet streams using the 360 and WMCE in conjunction, or is it just as well I get me old xbox back down from upstairs. Apologies for this very long winded post but any help would be greatly appreciated as always.