xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Uk 360 Pre-orders  (Read 1657 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« on: November 05, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

Got a call at 4.30pm GMT today from Comet. This is a direct Quote from the phone conversation.
" We have received our first allocation of Xbox 360 units. I am ringing to confirm your package and price"
The guy said the units were being sorted and allocated to be delivered on the 2/12/2005 (Which we know) He confirmed my payment for the package costing £349.99, includes the HDD etc.
I was very surprised they were at the central warehouse so I asked
" have you had a delivery already"
 I was told yes they have the first batch ready for sorting and packing.
Anyone else had a call from Comet today?

Chancer

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

I preordered on the web 8th Oct. I also got an e-mail today from comet asking me to confirm the stuff i had already confirmed on the phone. They are sorting out for delivery on a convenient day for me from DEC 2ND onwards to suit me.
Edit
I ordered from the WEB
They ask for confirmation of the package, the codes are included for this. It says deadline for conformation is 19th Nov. The email does not mention delivery dates or anything but it does say in order to get it at launch.
The guy who rang told me the fuller details as I asked him.

jabski

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

I ordered mine from play.com and havent heard anything from them yet. They rang me to confirm payment on the date i pre-ordered (2/9/05). Nice to know there in the country thou  beerchug.gif

Keva

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »

i ordered mine on sunday/monday from their website. It said on their site "pre-order now to get it on launch" or something. Hope i get it or i will be pissed  grr.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »

Taken from an e-mail from Glen Holden(Comet) today.
We have been advised that all orders placed for the Xbox 360 with the £10 deposit taken should be delivered.

Our Internet Department will contact you before the 1st December to have all details confirmed and to arrange delivery.

loserkid182

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

I called Comet on Monday and they told me that all the preorder slots had been taken.

I have preordered from my local GAME (Accrington) and paid the deposit (they wouldn't let me pay it all off) on the 3rd of September.

After calling Comet, I called GAME and was told if I had paid the deposit I will get one on  the 2nd.

loserkid182

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(loserkid182 @ Nov 11 2005, 09:42 PM)
I called Comet on Monday and they told me that all the preorder slots had been taken.

loserkid182

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Keva @ Nov 12 2005, 10:59 PM)
I got an email from comet yesterday saying there was a problem with my payment. So i phoned them up asking what the hell was going on and they said all their preorder stock has been taken and cancelled my order  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif

loserkid182

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »

GAME called me up this afternoon and asked if I still wanted the XBOX 360 i had preordered, (Hell yes)

She then confirmed I was guaranteed one on Launch and asked me which games I would like so that they could get the stock in (I had COD2 and GRAW preordered but GR is not out till feb), so I asked her for PGR3 and COD2.

2 weeks on friday biggrin.gif

I can't fugging wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!

toypaj

amb7247

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

So you guys are 100% sure you are going to get yours in the first batch. I am in the US and ordered on the August 26th and im on the 2nd batch at ebgames. I'llo still get it before x-mas but soon after thanksgiving. Fine by me.

alsybub

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 09:55:00 PM »

I still dont know if i will get one on release. Starting to worry a bit. It will be the 1st time since the SNES that I havent had a console on or before release if I don't.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

alsybub

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

Thought I would post this. As with many gamers in the last few weeks I have started to worry about not getting my dirty little hands on a 360 at launch. So after having pre-ordered at Gamestation in september I started to worry and so I pre-ordered from Dixons in October and finally Comet a week and a half ago. Well today I went to Comet to ask if my pre-order had any kind of update. They told me I should be called today, then the guy pulled out a sheet from behind the counter and told me I was guaranteed to get one, they just wanted to know what bundle. All bundles come with PD0 and King Kong + £100 of coupons for £349. Cheaper than normal price though. So then I thought I'd go checK AT Gamestation. These guys have been telling me for ages that they 'might' get me one. I was in position 24. All of a sudden today they confirm it. The bundle has to be with 2 games of my choice. Things were getting weird. So I went to Dixons. They confirmed as well with a 2 game bundle. When ever I asked about stocks they all said they didnt know but that they wold fill their pre-orders. Finally I decided to go to Game - by the way all of these stores are within a minutes walk here- in there I don't have a pre-order but I was looking at their 360 when someone called up asking about whether they will get their 360. The guy asked his manager who said 'yeah he will but you can't say that, tell them that it's looking good' after the customer hung up the manager said that there are 90 pre-orders and that as far as he knew all of them would be filled. NO I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! This is a conversation I over heard and that I was not part of.

So it's looking increasingly like M$ is going to meet a lot of demand but that the retailers for what ever reason are unable to tell us that all of the time. A bit weird. Oh well. It's all very intriguing.

Chancer

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 07:44:00 AM »

All bundles come with PD0 and King Kong + £100 of coupons for £349. Cheaper than normal price though

Not with King Kong as well they don't. I just phoned Comet and was told only PD0. whats going on? If anyone with a pre-order at comet gets both let us know and I will be making sure i do as well.

alsybub

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »

They told me PD0 and King Kong. They even showed me the sheet with their launch details on it + I complained cos I played King Kong on PC and know I really don't wnat it. They called their main office and they said it's only PD0 and King Kong, you can't swap for other games + add it all up, it works out. They wouldnt be charging us an extra £40 for nothing. As far as I could tell they're charging £40 a game rather than £50. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow and find out cos you've put doubt in my mind.

alsybub

• Archived User
Uk 360 Pre-orders
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 18 2005, 04:51 PM)
Not with King Kong as well they don't. I just phoned Comet and was told only PD0. whats going on? If anyone with a pre-order at comet gets both let us know and I will be making sure i do as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9