xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61

Author Topic: Opened A Xbox To Find A Hitachi-lg Dvdrom  (Read 2923 times)

nase

• Archived User
Opened A Xbox To Find A Hitachi-lg Dvdrom
« Reply #885 on: June 05, 2005, 03:00:00 AM »

This Mod will only work with the GRD-8163B

TGD

• Archived User
« Reply #886 on: July 05, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »

I have one of these LG Hitachi drives in an xbox..compared to my other two xboxes which one has a thompson and the other the first "good" sammy drive. I tell ya this much..this LG hitachi loads my dvd-r backups quicker then my fast sammy drive or at the very least in equal speed.

I've only used dvd-r,dvd+r and dvd-rw..all work great in this LG..and i've used about 5 diffrent brands of -r,+r,-rw each. Nice drive..though too bad it wont read cd-r but thats ok..there are other ways to get your music on hd via pc.

This post has been edited by TGD: Jul 6 2005, 03:15 AM

Maverick-DBZ-

• Recovered User
« Reply #887 on: July 09, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »

huh.gif

rog311

• Archived User
« Reply #888 on: July 09, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(TGD @ Jul 5 2005, 10:33 PM)
I have one of these LG Hitachi drives in an xbox..compared to my other two xboxes which one has a thompson and the other the first "good" sammy drive. I tell ya this much..this LG hitachi loads my dvd-r backups quicker then my fast sammy drive or at the very least in equal speed.

I've only used dvd-r,dvd+r and dvd-rw..all work great in this LG..and i've used about 5 diffrent brands of -r,+r,-rw each. Nice drive..though too bad it wont read cd-r but thats ok..there are other ways to get your music on hd via pc.

ground that VRCD point in the tut, like i did,
my drive now reads Cd-rs,
and agreed about the drive, though i do have like 2 dvd-rs that my sammy will read and this wont,
but other than that, no complaints.

menelik

• Archived User
« Reply #889 on: July 10, 2005, 03:06:00 AM »

play aroiund with the resisotr, try 1,5 k instead of 1k, you drive may read the two dvd-r  then, but some cd-r not then.

xenonmodz

• Archived User
« Reply #890 on: July 29, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »

tray in trace broke.... where is the next point I am trying to trace it but appears as a dead end

Jesterace

• Archived User
« Reply #891 on: August 15, 2005, 07:51:00 AM »

I've too gotten this drive... So far as everyone else noticed dvd-/+r works well, dvd+rw works well in my drive. And as well as dvd+r dl. And CDR is a no go. I haven't tried a cdrw since I mostly use dvd's for archiving anything.

faast

• Archived User
« Reply #892 on: August 15, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »

mad.gif BUT while we're here...My friend has one of these drives and it is so-so, kindy picky with CD-RWs tho.

heraldoffailure

• Archived User
« Reply #893 on: August 27, 2005, 08:37:00 AM »

Is anyone planning on selling modded GDR-8163Bs for a reasonable price?

Keep in mind that these things aren't rare like the 616ts so the 150+ price tag that those carried is not reasonable for these drives.

nachomans

• Archived User
« Reply #894 on: September 24, 2005, 08:05:00 AM »

Just...one thing everybody must know....
The board is cheap!! I know how to solder, but I like high wattage solders (like 30w), but in this case the board is really cheap...so you can desolder pads easyly, so take care and use only 15watt solder!

nachomans

• Archived User
« Reply #895 on: September 29, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »

I´ve two drives modded...but i have some kind of overheating problem I think....the drive after 15min...start skipping video or games get DRE....I dont know what to do  :blink:

fr_dr

• Archived User
« Reply #896 on: September 29, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

I mod a GRD-8163b too but unfortunattly, i don't know why, i was not able to flash the firmeware with the 8050 firmeware. So now my drive is working perfectly (and a way faster than any original xbox drive that i ever saw) with cdr and dvdr but not with original xbox game, obviously because of my firmware problem. Anyway, by doing this i notice that the VRCD<->grnd mod is very fast and easy to do, so i decided to do it on a 8050 LG drive that i had so it could read cd-r. I did it with a 1k ohm resistor that i took off an old broken DVD-ROM (i think they r called SMD). At first it worked flawlessly with cd-r butwas only loading dvdr 1/2 time. So i started to play NFSU2 (dvdr backup) to test the drive and it played ok for like 20 min, and then i got a ORANGE FLASHING LED ERROR, like if there was an overheating prob but the air comming out of the fan was very cold. I immediatly opened the xbox to check if anything as burned, but every thing was cold. I replace the dvd and hd in place to test it again. Now the best i can do before the xbox start to do this "overheating orange error" is to boot to exov and after 2-3 sec, the cpu temperature goes up by 1 ° and it shut off. And this problem defenitively come from this LG DVD because the xbox work perfectly with any other drive.  :blink: IS THIS MOD CAN BE DANGEROUS IN ANY WAY TO THE XBOX??? AND AM I THE ONLY WHO GOT THIS PROBLEM WITH THIS MOD?? :blink:

fr_dr

• Archived User
« Reply #897 on: September 29, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »

----

This post has been edited by fr_dr: Sep 30 2005, 02:29 AM

nachomans

• Archived User
« Reply #898 on: September 29, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »

I have similar problems..I´ve modded two LG, but in all the cases...all work perfectly for a half hour or less...then I get skipping in DVD video and DRE en xbox games....its an overheating problem or the LG drive itself....any ideas what can i do? :huh:

This post has been edited by nachomans: Sep 30 2005, 03:50 AM

brian886622

• Archived User
« Reply #899 on: December 23, 2005, 06:50:00 AM »

just wanted to let eveyone kno this drive kinda struggles to read games lol samsung is the best drive to get for the xbox .... this one comes with the forza bundle.....
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61