xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Would The 360 Work On My Tv  (Read 96 times)

deadparrot

• Archived User
Would The 360 Work On My Tv
« on: September 08, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

Well, if your GC is in black and white, that usually means that it is outputting some signal that your TV doesn't like.  Is it a PAL or NTSC unit?  I assume your TV is PAL from the Scart inputs.

Anyway, it will work on your TV, just depends on wether it will look crap or not.  Same goes for all TVs.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

Black and white and flickering/rolling is typically caused by using an NTSC system on a PAL display or visa versa...

Is your GameCube modded? if so many of the modchips dictate whether or not the system outputs in PAL or NTSC. Even if you have a PAL console the chip might be defaulted to NTSC. If it is modded I'd check the online documents to see what you can do to set it correctly.

Also does your display have "Component Inputs" aka "Y/Pb/Pr" it would look like 3 circular plugs, red green and blue. If not you'd be best off with a SCART cable as your method of connection. both of which will be available for the 360 (and should be available for both the Xbox and PS2 now)

Xbox n00b

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »

Yeah..I can either use a SCART, the single sockets or an ordinary arial cable.

I read up on it and apparently, Gamecube runs on NTSC 60hz not PAL 60hz and it has some issues with PAL TVs.  Thanks a lot guys I'll be joining you all on 360!