xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ms Guy Says 360 Will Take A Long Time To Mod  (Read 627 times)

ekoostick

• Archived User
Ms Guy Says 360 Will Take A Long Time To Mod
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheMuffinMan @ Oct 23 2005, 09:49 PM)
Does a Xecuter gen 1 series chip work on an XBOX v1.6(no) that could just mean different versions rolleyes.gif

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(ekoostick @ Nov 2 2005, 02:36 AM)
Maybe I am looking through it through a strictly non-gamers eyes but doesn't being able to mod an xbox mean more profit. Being some what tech savy but never much into console gaming, I would have never ever picked up an xbox. Some of my friends waited hours for one on the first day and I tried Halo that day and wasn't very impressed (still am not). Jump ahead to a year and a half ago and I catch something on TV about being able to mod these buggers and something called Xbox Media Centre. I start investigating and find that there is a whole slew of things you can do with a modded xbox. I went out the first day they went down to 150$ and picked one up and ordered a chip the next day. Having never soldered before I was able to mod and have the thing running in about 3 hours.

LightningStruckMyXbox

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

The whole reason for a modchip is to replace something we can't go around in the xbox hardware (i.e. the BIOS). So if there is something different with each xbox (i.e. something we can't go around) you just slap that on a modchip and put that in your xbox360. Granted it will take much longer for people to figure out how it works since they did design all of the cricuits themselves. Than means we don't know how data is moved around the system. Xbox was very similar to a PC in it's archetecture the 360 sounds like a whole new beast.

But i'm extreamly confident that there will be a modchip within the first year of the 360. And with price cuts on the unit itself more people will be able to try and mod it for them selves. But I really doubt that an exploit will come before a chip.

BTW: another reason than they loose money off of modded conoles is because M$ makes money off of the dev software and royalities that devs pay. Devs aren't going to pay to put out THEIR content if it has the possibility of being stolen or reverse enginereed so that people can use their code. They want full security so their software is the only software people can have.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »

the 360 still uses dvds =) cant hurt to still use a readily available burnable media

AntiAimer

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »

No matter how long it takes....theres plenty of time after the 360 comes out to mod it. The harder...the better for the "Hackers" who find it. Because with that knowledge.....the way i look at it helps to make more mods then to stop mods. Makeing it "Harder" can be very dangerous, its the cause to evolve.

AntiAimer

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »

tongue.gif  sleeping.gif  pop.gif  rotfl.gif

grogger13

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »

talking about a modchip now is just to much of a tease, none of us have any facts and we dont even have the console yet.  Just take a deep breath and get what you all really came here to see "Hardcore Nudity"- Troy Mcluer

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2005, 02:42:00 AM »

Which is exactly true, but I still like the ideas and opinions I am hearing.  I am thinking it will be a very short while until the actual workings of the Xbox 360 are found.  For both hardware and software.  The Electrical Engineer Xbox hackers are going to start looking at the electronic compononents and start looking at what is doing what right from the start.  And the software people are going to do some tinkering to figure out how to develop for the console and how to run it.  I'm not sure what will be first, but I'm pretty sure a hardmod will have it's advantages over softmods, as MS is most likely talking about softmods when they talk about added security and difficulty of modding the 360.

skinz-n-bonez

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

IMO, not only will the 360 be able to be modded within a year after release, the capabilities of a modded one will be far more advanced than what we were capable of doing to an XBOX.  Think about it, a more advance and powerful system will only mean a more advance and powerful mod chip.  Just like software developers are now able to manufacture better games with better software engines, so will hackers.  MS took note of some of the capabilities of a modded XBOX and have even included it in the 360....from software to hardware....of course, all that will cost us more $$$ though.

Also, the concept of a modded system was not meant for piracy, but for enhanced capabilities.  It's the modders who pirates that hurts those of us who just simply want a more powerful system.  The first effect of this can be felt in the increase in prices for games.  I know some will say that it's all part of inflation, but i disagree.

vollrathdude

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »

i think itll take quite a while for a modchip to be made mostly because its not that necessary. Has anybody put a mod chip on a computer? no of course not (if you have your retarded and what the fuck were you thinking) Mainly because you dont need it modded anymore. The main reason i got my box modded was for the media center music capabilities and to upgrade the harddrive to hold all my music, but now the 360 is going to come with those features built in, streaming from computer, 20 gb hdd and so on. So in my opinion itll take longer than expected and less people will want to bother putting a chip in.

bLuR24/7

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 09:55:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

aero1

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(ekoostick @ Nov 2 2005, 07:32 AM)
Maybe I am looking through it through a strictly non-gamers eyes but doesn't being able to mod an xbox mean more profit. Being some what tech savy but never much into console gaming, I would have never ever picked up an xbox. Some of my friends waited hours for one on the first day and I tried Halo that day and wasn't very impressed (still am not). Jump ahead to a year and a half ago and I catch something on TV about being able to mod these buggers and something called Xbox Media Centre. I start investigating and find that there is a whole slew of things you can do with a modded xbox. I went out the first day they went down to 150$ and picked one up and ordered a chip the next day. Having never soldered before I was able to mod and have the thing running in about 3 hours.

senotajs

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(gamerguy999 @ Oct 22 2005, 08:07 PM)
Yeah, I remember reading that too. If that is true, there is definantly not going to be a MOD for it that anybody can do, at least for a long time.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(senotajs @ Nov 21 2005, 01:21 AM)
does anyone know how long it will take to develop a mod for the 360?

Zipp425

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Havok @ Nov 20 2005, 05:40 PM)
Yes.... 1 yr, 7 months, 22 days, 3 hours, and 26 seconds....
Pages: 1 [2] 3