xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible Overheating Issue?  (Read 254 times)

skuzzman

• Archived User
Possible Overheating Issue?
« on: June 13, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

I have seen the casing and considering the amount of heat that thing ought to be putting out, it seems there might be too little space for cooling the chipset, boards, HDD, etc. Does anyone else see this problem considering the amount of power this thng is packing compared to the abount of space it has in which to do it?
Cheers
beerchug.gif

cromat44

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

also, the innovative (i think) liquid filled heatsink (or heatpipe) is very efficient.

Also, MS engineers designed this, so jsut from you looking at it you can't say it will overheat... they're payed to make sure it doesn't

q3autraven

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:38:00 AM »

it won't be a problem, the HDD is on the outside and I think since that is a extenal power brick helps, not to mention the cooling. The thing has a heatpipe yes, but that wouldn't be enough to cool three cores(barely enough to cool one BTW). In addition to the pipe they have two fans sitting on the pipe and then one intake and two exhaust. That's what I have gathered from the pics.

Ilimanation

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 01:59:00 AM »

Nothing On The XboX's Inside, Will Cause A Overheating. Trust Me, 2 Off My XboX's overheated, And It Wasa Because It Was Near. My Computer, My Modem, My Router, My Serge Protector, All My Cords. So Basically The Only Thing That Can Really Cause It Too Overheat Is Having Too Much Heat Over Or Near The XboX Console. But I Installed SLC(Silent Liquid Cooling), Well I Didn't I Sent My XboX Into This Shop.

mbratton

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 06:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ilimanation @ Jun 14 2005, 10:10 AM)
Nothing On The XboX's Inside, Will Cause A Overheating. Trust Me, 2 Off My XboX's overheated, And It Wasa Because It Was Near. My Computer, My Modem, My Router, My Serge Protector, All My Cords. So Basically The Only Thing That Can Really Cause It Too Overheat Is Having Too Much Heat Over Or Near The XboX Console. But I Installed SLC(Silent Liquid Cooling), Well I Didn't I Sent My XboX Into This Shop.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »

J allard said the 360 runs cooler and quieter than the current xbox.

Statecowboy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 08:05:00 AM »

This is kind of a silly thread.  Of course M$ isn't going to release a product that will overheat.  They've had engineers working on cooling this thing since concept.  With the addition of heat pipes and possible liquid cooling, they've obviously done their homework and come up with an efficient and modern cooling approach.

thax

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Statecowboy @ Jun 14 2005, 04:16 PM)
This is kind of a silly thread.  Of course M$ isn't going to release a product that will overheat.  They've had engineers working on cooling this thing since concept.  With the addition of heat pipes and possible liquid cooling, they've obviously done their homework and come up with an efficient and modern cooling approach.

q3autraven

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »

I think that the only way that the 360 will overheat is if A: we somehow overclock it, or B: all of the fans jam at once.

microsizeboy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

Well the slim ps2 overheats and I think there's only one fan inside. I mean come on sony you at least need to put an exhaust fan in there.

cromat44

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(microsizeboy @ Jun 14 2005, 03:17 PM)
Well the slim ps2 overheats and I think there's only one fan inside. I mean come on sony you at least need to put an exhaust fan in there.

nj12nets

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »

ps2 slim i think has no fans. but i cood be wrong. i prolly am but i saw my friends and im pretty sure it doesnt have one

q3autraven

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »

Cromat is right it will have a auto shutdown if it gets too hot I bet

the 360 is not water cooled like most people think, in water cooling there is a bunch of components that are bulky(also they have to be refilled with more water ever so often), but with heat pipes they are much smaller and also produce no noise, but that are terrible at cooling that's why if you have seen the colony vid there is two fans on the heat pipe.
oh here's a pic of a heat pipe
user posted image
with the 360 the pipe folds over instead of it going to a 90

Andy51

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

It could overheat if you leave the xbox 360 on too long, I'm not talking hours, I'm talking DAYS wouldn't your xbox 360 be a nice toaster if you left it on for 2 months? Okay... I bet the Xbox 360 would run maybe a couple of days before overheating, but I don't know anyone who does that, correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'm just thinking...