xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox And Pc Controllers  (Read 187 times)

q3autraven

• Archived User
Xbox And Pc Controllers
« on: June 09, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »

we'll find out soon enough, I think that they wouldn't work because the 360 wouldn't have the drivers for it.

NeuroChemist

• Archived User
Xbox And Pc Controllers
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »

i belive its gonna be the other way around......
meaning xbox controllers will be able to be used on your pc.......probably oly media centre...

Carlo210

• Archived User
Xbox And Pc Controllers
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

Not 'probably'.
Ms is also aiming at making their 360 controller the #1 controller for pc gamers. They will win there, trust me, because tehre aren't much great pc controllers.

The whole '360 controller can be used on your pc' is old news. You can't use pc controllers, imo, because they aren't configured for the console. Just my own though, but it would also be pretty useless. And god I hope you can't game with a mouse and keyboard. Then again, the game would have to go through the time to make mouse support native, so I think we are safe there.

q3autraven

• Archived User
Xbox And Pc Controllers
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »

some M$ guys said yes to the keyboard because it will help with chatting, but no to the mouse because A: it would give the mouse users an upper hand, B: it can not be needed for anything else(dash and menus I'm guessing).

Carlo210

• Archived User
Xbox And Pc Controllers
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(q3autraven @ Jun 10 2005, 09:23 PM)
no to the mouse because A: it would give the mouse users an upper hand, B: it can not be needed for anything else(dash and menus I'm guessing).

blindmist

• Archived User
Xbox And Pc Controllers
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »

i think pc controllers might work via usb. look at the xbox 1 controllers, they are usb. plus the radio transmissions from the controllers are translated into usb information. if it is a pc controller with the same data transmission then i bet it will work. the xbox 360 controllers are compatable with windows longhorn.