xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Prevent 3 Red Lights?  (Read 55 times)

**AMH - LP**

• Archived User
Prevent 3 Red Lights?
« on: October 23, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »

This is strictly for those of you who don't have 3RLOD or are afraid of getting it and haven't done anything with the X-Clamps.

Anyway, my theory is, if I we use Lawdawg's method for fix 3RLOD before you even get it, wouldn't that prevent it?  By removing the x clamps, there won't be the upwards pressure it applies to both the GPU and CPU, thus theoretically preventing the 3RLOD from ever occurring.  This has probably been discussed somewhat already but I just wanted to get it off my mind (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif))

Id like some comments on my current set-up:  
My Xbox 360 has lawdawgs method applied to the GPU only
I have the fan shroud mod done with the metal DUCK tape
On my CPU heatsink I have a small fan that fits perfectly on it blowing at 12V straight through it towards the fan shroud, and another fan from the same area blowing towards the little space under the DVD drive allowing air to the GPU (both of these fans are powered by the front fan header).
I have the original stock fans as they are, blowing at normal speeds.

So, do you think this is enough to prevent the 3RLOD from ever happening to my Xbox 360?

Well thanks for the coming opinions, good days. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by **AMH - LP**: Oct 23 2007, 11:59 PM

**AMH - LP**

• Archived User
Prevent 3 Red Lights?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

Yea I have been having this console for a while now, and the warranty has long been gone lol.  I just figured if the root cause of the 3RLOD was eliminated, then it would technically be nearly impossible for it to happen.  Then again, I guess the problem could be caused by other things like the Southbridge or Secondary GPU chip or even the RAM chips (all of which I have thermal pads on, even the ones under the GPU heat sink and under the motherboard, and also the Southbridge and Secondary GPU)