xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help Please ;), Is My 360 Going To Die?  (Read 149 times)

derrycityboy

• Archived User
Help Please ;), Is My 360 Going To Die?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 05:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ May 30 2007, 12:59 PM) View Post

ive fixed a few boxed with the x-clamp replacement that had never ever done the 3rlod. However each of theme would freeze sometime into gameplay, be that a few seconds or a few minutes.

doing the x-clamp replacement fixed them 100%

if the x-clamp replacement fixes your box (which is should) then there with be zero need for reflowing

That makes sense  laugh.gif
Thanks again Grim_D  laugh.gif

Okay so my 360 as i mentioned would crash in COD3 single player (This problem is fairly recent) . I think i heard before that COD3 puts stress on the memory, so that would make sense..

The crashing with COD3 single player has definetely gotten worse within the past month or two and the crashing is now happening within the first few seconds and also happening with almost every other game now.

However i have played xbox arcade games there now and i played a full race in forza motorsport without a single crash. Then i played Fight Night Round 3, and it crashed within about 5 seconds. (fight night must put more stress on the memory)
Now it keeps crashing at bootup again.

I reckon the x clamp replacement should definetely work if i can manage to do it properly. The problem hasnt gotten very bad yet - For example its only shown me the red lights twice now. It plays completely fine until i play a game.

Haha sorry again for posting this shit, i just have to wait a few days for the AS5 to arrive before i can get started. And hey im learning a lot from these forums  laugh.gif
Pages: 1 [2]