xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "symbol" Updated And Uploaded  (Read 91 times)

kotix

• Archived User
"symbol" Updated And Uploaded
« on: June 27, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »

You can find my skin here:
xbox-skins
As I already said, now the recently media added are selectable and playable.
I improved a little bit the graphic and made some fixes for german and french languages.
I hope you enjoy it.
(IMG:http://www.xbox-skins.net/screenshots/[1648]screenshot094.jpg)

mingwingming

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 11:40:00 AM »

Real Nice job :)  
Now if only my Recent Videos actually had anything to do with MY videos it would be sweet.. lol    Any ideas why im getting a different listing of films ?

kotix

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

Well if you have a internet connection xbmc search automatically in the imdb (internet movie database) and it will show the movie most corresponding to the title you have in myvideos, if it doesn't show the correct title you have to search it manually.
I have no idea why it doesn't show always the same titles, that is hardcoded and you need to ask it to developers.
Anyway while you are in that section you can refresh the movie database with the balck gamepad button; with the white button i guess you can update the tile with a dialog keyboard but maybe that part still need to be fixed.

nimbles

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

nice one kotix, my only (minor) criticism is the highlighting of the smaller My files, My Scripts and My Settings could be a little more prominent.

I'm also noticing on my crappy pal tv, that the lowest row of buttons in the "My xxxxx" sections is cropped due to overscan of the tv.

this isn't meant to be a flame of any sort i really like your skin as it is the one skin that has really broken from the norm (layout wise) of the current xbmc skins  :D

kotix

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »

Tnx nimbles for the notes :)
If I understand you mean that the myscripts, mysettings, and my weather button is too small, am I right? But only the button or the font too?
For the second problem, I cannot see it on my tv so I'll appreciate if you can send me a screenshot or if you have an idea to solve it (move the row upper?).
Cheers.
:D

nimbles

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 10:41:00 PM »

ok I uploaded some shots of the start screen and a my music example here

to me the three "smaller" buttons on the start screen need to be highlighted more strongly, either with a larger green button, or with larger fonts

for my music as you can see on my crappy tv, the lowest row of buttons is partially obscured due to the overscan on my televesion, which unfortunately can't be controlled through xbmc- only in video (i'm pretty sure you were able to control this in xbmp)

kotix

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 11:34:00 PM »

Ok i see, I'll make the buttons a little bit biggers and maybe will move more up and right the rows, but firstly I wanna check if there is the possibility to control the overscan.
If it's not, I'll need to get more room for the thumbs from the top of the background and that means replace ore modify the top brown bar.
I saw also that you have a movie with a long file name that goes out of the panel and I'm sorry about that but I cannot do anything for it, as it's hardcoded and the developers didn't make the text scrolling and the width adjustable.

nimbles

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 12:39:00 AM »

hey no worries kotix, the movie names aren't even correct, they're imdb auto look up for the last files i viewed which were actually tv series eps, so they're not even correct- don't worry about that- i've been meaning to edit the myvideos3.db file to correctly reference the files (i have all tv eps named "Series-episode number- episdoe tiltle", and if there is anything in the title vaguely similar to a movie name it  uses that which is a pain.

as for the over scan control yeah i'd like that feature too- i remember the orginal XB Media Experience skin by wabidwoveren used to have the reboot,powerdown,dash,credits,xlink panel too high up. Sometimes it is fixable by moving the ui down- but in other skins this will lead to the bottom of the screen disappearing of the TV display which could lead to other buttons not being shown

i think the overscan is different for different tv's, which is annoying as skinners can't be expected to "test" their skins on different tv's- i have i decent 32" widescreen in the living room which does not exhibit as bad overscan.

anyway i'm sure i'm in a minority here, so the changes aren't that urgent, ;) keep up the good work.

BLazeD

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »

Nice skin man

Glad you found your way to my site :)

kotix

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 12:53:00 AM »

I love your site  ;)
Pretty easy and comfortable.