xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Zoozen Protector: Prevent your Discs from Scratching  (Read 365 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Zoozen Protector: Prevent your Discs from Scratching
« on: December 20, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | December 20 23:03 EST

From the press release:

Prevent your Xbox 360 Discs from Scratching with Zoozen Protector (pre-order: USA/CAN | World)!
Three expertly created easy to install soft foam pads which prevent Xbox 360 discs from scratching, even while tilting the console during play!

Next generation gaming comes at a greater cost which results in greater valued being placed on the protection of video game discs. The Xbox 360 has been no stranger to owners witnessing the console scratching game discs in particular reference to when the console is moved. The Zoozen 'protector' provides a simple and effective solution which ensures that no discs will be scratched while in play. Gamers can now shift the Xbox 360 from a horizontal to vertical position and vice versa without fear of disc scratching. Better yet, the installation of the 'protector' will not void the warranty of the console.

The Zoozen protector includes three innovatively created easy to install soft foam pads which attach to the top of the optical drive tray. The pads can be installed by even the most amateur of gamers within two minutes and will ensure the security of any disc media while in play. Gamers can now rest assured that their expensive games will not be susceptible to any form of scratching even under the most dynamic of conditions.

The Zoozen 'Protector' is now shipping and retails for a price of $7.45. Retail and distribution inquiries are welcome, and media samples are available upon request. For further information on the Zoozen 'Protector' please contact press -AT- zoozen.com.

Official Site: http://www.zoozen.com
Pre-Order Now: USA/CAN | World

sektor1062

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »

cool idea but personally I'll just stick with using the pads from a spare thompson

Edina

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 08:35:00 PM »

Its about time somone made somthing like this! I mean peoples disks have been scratching since the day one, so im glad someone finally somthing like this!

Rubber Chewbacca

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »

Hopefully they dont affect the laser like those dumbass disk skins.

dark0

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

Just the idea of someone blowing their 360....uhh nvm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »

Easier solution = DONT TOUCH THE 360 WHILE ITS ON!!!

biggrin.gif

xzenor

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(dark0 @ Dec 20 2006, 07:47 PM) View Post

Just the idea of someone blowing their 360....uhh nvm smile.gif.

My thoughts exactly!! Dumba$$es.

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rubber Chewbacca @ Dec 20 2006, 09:46 PM) View Post

Hopefully they dont affect the laser like those dumbass disk skins.
I never had problems with D-Skins except on 07 EA games. Crappy quality doesn't mix with inovation. I stopped using them however, because I don't let my disks lay around, let people put their dirty hands all over the underside, or move the xbox while it is on... My discs are still perfect, even after removing the skins.

This product is pretty much pointless. Still... someone will have to explain to me how this is supposed to work. Also, how are these foam pads any different from adhesive material you can buy from a hardware store for less?

emailer33

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Dec 20 2006, 09:51 PM) View Post

Easier solution = DONT TOUCH THE 360 WHILE ITS ON!!!

biggrin.gif

obviously the correct solution, but all too easy.

sektor1062

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Elemino @ Dec 21 2006, 05:04 AM) *

This product is pretty much pointless. Still... someone will have to explain to me how this is supposed to work. Also, how are these foam pads any different from adhesive material you can buy from a hardware store for less?

The magnetic centers that are there to hold the disc in place for spinage end up pushing this product up enought to apply the pads to the top.
The reason why people will buy this instead of DIY is because the people that think so simply enough to not realise to just not tilt the console while it spins, are the same people that will easily believe that their games are at imminent risk if the dont have this and are also the kind of people that will pay anything to not have to open the console to DIY

a nice pic of how pads prevent scratches from llama
(IMG:http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/dvd-no-scratch/Untitled-1.gif)

BennyBou

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »

It might worth a try for that price!

jeff10

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »

why does people complain about the 360 destroying there disc. What the hell would you want to move your 360 around for while its running anyhow, Does people sit it in thier laps in the winter to keep warm while they play, ? blink.gif

ZX3Junglist

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »

This is a very innovative solution, but what you're doing is basically inflating a tube to apply pressure to adhesive pads inside your xbox. All great and good until we hear of xboxes with improperly affixed pads, loose pads inside console, etc. etc. I wonder if the company is willing to assume responsibility for voided warranties, drive breakage, etc. I'd steer clear of this myself as well, even though it's a great idea!

Lordscr

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

Too bad that it does void your Warranty, unlike the ad says. Of course, only if you dumb enough to tell MS that it's there.

rocarmy4life

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(jeff10 @ Dec 21 2006, 05:27 AM) View Post

why does people complain about the 360 destroying there disc. What the hell would you want to move your 360 around for while its running anyhow, Does people sit it in thier laps in the winter to keep warm while they play, ? blink.gif

ehh an RV? Nothing like playing some video games on a long road trip.  pop.gif

I know a lot of guys that have TV's in their cars.

Think people, think...

This is a really nice solution especially for the people who like to show of their "accessories" in their cars.. mobile audio / video
Pages: [1] 2 3