xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: XFPS 360 Final testing complete and User manual available!  (Read 1545 times)

Movingtarget

• Archived User
XFPS 360 Final testing complete and User manual available!
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2006, 05:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(duke05 @ Dec 20 2006, 04:15 AM) View Post

What about the mouse rate?

Will it accelerate? ( remember CS pain)

Is it constant?

What about my mx1000's other buttons?

Can I use it with my nostromo? http://catalog.belki...oduct_Id=157024

I need a review asap!

Can't wait to see if this device will perform well with every fps games, especially games with moving target reticles like lost planet.

I'd bank that this is compatible with the nostromo.  When I hooked the nostromo up to the 360, it recognized all the keys as if it were a full keyboard (most importantly, W, S, A, D).  Since this thing is programmable,  a nostromo is probably the way to go if you don't want a huge bulky keyboard to frag with.  

I just really hope that It can recognize all the buttons on my Logitech 518 so I can at least use the thumb buttons for jump/duck what-not.

DaFilthee

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »

$80? Are they crazy? I wouldn't buy this for a dime more than $30 because that's all it's worth, max.

PS2 Controller support is great. Games like Tony Hawk are a lot better on the PS2 controller (IMO).

They need to make right mouse be able to be set as walk/run forward.

shadygln

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2006, 07:02:00 AM »

as to the USB problem..Couldn't you just use a USB hub? Something like this:

http://gear.ign.com/...4/744373p1.html

amexie

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2006, 07:37:00 AM »

MS Should jsut release a wireless keyboard and mouse i would buy one even at there silly prices like a 20 gig hard drive for 60 pound

X-Force

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

The weird visuals in the pic of it "in use" was one thing, the manual also refers to it as the "XFPS 306" yes 306 look close at the typo I had a laugh  smile.gif under index 2. "Connecting the XFPS 306" hope thats not the final copy of the manual.

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »

Does Team Xtender even understand their market anymore? or do masses of Xbox-owners have sucker written across their foreheads?

Oasis

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »

Umm am I the only one that notices that the Xbox 360 is not plugged in, nor is it connected to the tv?

**Photoshop**

Oasis

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Zero 360 @ Dec 20 2006, 11:01 AM) View Post

Then you'll know the guy that has 25 kill and isn't talking is a cheater...
 I talked with my MS rep last week about this, he said they know about it and can BAN ANY USB DEVICE, they don't want Halo 3 online turning out like H2 did in terms of cheaters and modders.  The only reason to mod your 360 is piracy and the only reason to use a KB+M is either:
A) You are too poor or cheap to buy a decent PC Rig
cool.gif You suck so terribly at console shooters AND PC shooters that you need to point/click/kill your way through floaty console shooters.  
Nice 22 headshots by the way, you're not fooling anyone, and now we can tell.  How? Every 360 comes with a mic, if you aren't using it and have a ridiculous amount of kills/headshots...YOU= PIMPLY-FACED FAT GUTTED CHEATER.  ME= PRETTY DECENT WITH A CONTROLLER, AND I HAVE FUN AND AM SOCIABLE ONLINE.  

Either way you are a redbull swigging loser playing in your parents basement if you buy this.  Get real or you're gonna waste $80, mark my words.

Word.

mister.shine

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Zero 360 @ Dec 20 2006, 05:01 PM) View Post

the only reason to use a KB+M is either:
A) You are too poor or cheap to buy a decent PC Rig
cool.gif You suck so terribly at console shooters AND PC shooters that you need to point/click/kill your way through floaty console shooters.  

What about:
C) You play more PC games than console games and would like to play 360 exclusive titles as you are used to playing on your PC.

I won't personally buy it as I'm left handed and using WASD sucks more than using thumbsticks.

Also means you need to have a wired controller handy, and I don't fancy moving mine backwards and forwards between my PC and 360.
One more thing- If its usb, then why didn't they make a PC based setup utility to let you change button mappings and things??

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(mister.shine @ Dec 20 2006, 06:30 PM) View Post

Also means you need to have a wired controller handy, and I don't fancy moving mine backwards and forwards between my PC and 360.

To me that's the worst part about this product... you have to own a crappy wired controller just to use it?  People with 4 wireless controllers shouldn't have to go out and buy a third sad.gif, but I understand the limitation and why the 'handshake' needs to happen.

Zero 360

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(mister.shine @ Dec 20 2006, 12:30 PM) View Post

What about:
C) You play more PC games than console games and would like to play 360 exclusive titles as you are used to playing on your PC.

I won't personally buy it as I'm left handed and using WASD sucks more than using thumbsticks.

One more thing- If its usb, then why didn't they make a PC based setup utility to let you change button mappings and things??

What about everyone else's gaming experience?  You are selfish.   Would you complain that you can't use aimbots on a console like you did on PC too?  It is cheating.  Consoles shooters aren't designed like fast twitch PC shooters, they take into consideration the controller sticks and are slower and and have a deadzone, and can't be stopped on a dime like mice.  

IT ISN'T HARD TO HOVER OVER SOMEONE'S HEAD IN HALO, YOU ARE NOT 1337 OR PWNING.  

But I digress, have fun walking in only 8 directions using W,A,S,D for about 2 weeks before they ban this excuse for shitty gamers.

gom_fedj

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Zero 360 @ Dec 20 2006, 12:07 PM) View Post

What about everyone else's gaming experience?  You are selfish.   Would you complain that you can't use aimbots on a console like you did on PC too?  It is cheating.  Consoles shooters aren't designed like fast twitch PC shooters, they take into consideration the controller sticks and are slower and and have a deadzone, and can't be stopped on a dime like mice.  

IT ISN'T HARD TO HOVER OVER SOMEONE'S HEAD IN HALO, YOU ARE NOT 1337 OR PWNING.  

But I digress, have fun walking in only 8 directions using W,A,S,D for about 2 weeks before they ban this excuse for shitty gamers.

I am curious, I see some people (you included) bashing a mouse in a FPS on a Console, I would ask why, but you answer that pretty much (if indirectly) you feel it is an unfair advantage becuse it is more accurate. Would you still feel that way if Microsoft put one out for the 360? or Sony for the PS2/3??

MOST people here (won't say everyone) would agree is a mouse is more accurate in a FPS than a analog joystick. Why wouldn't you want one for ANY FPS then, be it computer or console or what ever, i understand SOME people's reasoning (want to play on the couch, don't want to have to sit at a desk, etc etc..) But honestly if it is a choice, of mouse or no mouse, why not let people have a choice???

I don't see a reason to bash someone who WANTS to use a mouse, honestly i played FPS's on a computer years before I did on a console (dur.. fps's came out on computers first so.. that expalisn that), so honestly in my mind i WANT to use a mouse on console FPS's then. I do know that even if i DID and it worked PERFECTLY (which i have a feeling the XPS360 is NOt gona do when you use a mouse), i still know SEVERAL people i have played RainbowSix with that would kick my ARSE even if i HAD a mouse.

I honestly just don't understand why some people have such a problem when it comes to a mouse for a FPS on a console. It just seems like a "fear" more than any "logical" reason, and honestly i think we have NOTHING to fear with the XPS360 (though at 80 dang bucks it should play the freaking game FOR ME!).

Zero 360

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(gom_fedj @ Dec 20 2006, 01:50 PM) View Post

I am curious, I see some people (you included) bashing a mouse in a FPS on a Console, I would ask why, but you answer that pretty much (if indirectly) you feel it is an unfair advantage becuse it is more accurate. Would you still feel that way if Microsoft put one out for the 360? or Sony for the PS2/3??

MOST people here (won't say everyone) would agree is a mouse is more accurate in a FPS than a analog joystick. Why wouldn't you want one for ANY FPS then, be it computer or console or what ever, i understand SOME people's reasoning (want to play on the couch, don't want to have to sit at a desk, etc etc..) But honestly if it is a choice, of mouse or no mouse, why not let people have a choice???

I don't see a reason to bash someone who WANTS to use a mouse, honestly i played FPS's on a computer years before I did on a console (dur.. fps's came out on computers first so.. that expalisn that), so honestly in my mind i WANT to use a mouse on console FPS's then. I do know that even if i DID and it worked PERFECTLY (which i have a feeling the XPS360 is NOt gona do when you use a mouse), i still know SEVERAL people i have played RainbowSix with that would kick my ARSE even if i HAD a mouse.

I honestly just don't understand why some people have such a problem when it comes to a mouse for a FPS on a console. It just seems like a "fear" more than any "logical" reason, and honestly i think we have NOTHING to fear with the XPS360 (though at 80 dang bucks it should play the freaking game FOR ME!).

I bought a console because i game casual in my living room, not all sweaty in front of a radiation emitting CRT in a dark dank room.  And it isn't a choice of preference, it is a cheat device.  Did they include "auto-fire/turbo mode" so you could replicate the PC experience?  ha.  

Druggedpolak

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

I do not consider this cheating. It will be the exactly same thing as the smartjoy frag for the xbox - the mic.
It will be decent but there is no way you will be able to "own" people with headshots or anything. I played fps shooters on the computer all my life and love to use the mouse. I got the smartjoy frag thinking it would be exactly like computer games....wrong. It just isnt possible because the games are made for a controller. Even with all the adjustments it would suck. Driving vehicles and throwing grenades with another button is also a total pita. Consoles are made for you to sit back, relax, and not care about adjusting everything while having fun. I got use to the 360 controller and it is way more comfortable than a keyboard an mouse ever was. Now it's even easier to aim in really fast paced games.

gom_fedj

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zero 360 @ Dec 20 2006, 01:20 PM) View Post

I bought a console because i game casual in my living room, not all sweaty in front of a radiation emitting CRT in a dark dank room.  And it isn't a choice of preference, it is a cheat device.  Did they include "auto-fire/turbo mode" so you could replicate the PC experience?  ha.

Wow! lets bold the part of my message asking a question, and then reply with my next sentence! *thumbs up* Impressive! I already said "I understand SOME people's reasoning (want to play on the couch, don't want to have to sit at a desk, etc etc..)"

If you want to reply with some real input on the subject please do, otherwise the "it is a cheat device" applies very little to what i was asking.

I restate once again to anyone, (Zero, if you can possible reply with something other than "it is a cheat device" please do, but do!) would it make a difference if Microsoft put out a Mouse for the 360?

And just as a side subject, if the XPS 360 does NOT work "perfectly" and in fact SUCKS, is it still a cheat device?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5