xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Buying A Mobo On Ebay, Dvd Drive Key ?  (Read 158 times)

cjf28

• Archived User
Buying A Mobo On Ebay, Dvd Drive Key ?
« on: December 19, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

Is it necessary to get a DVD drive key, when I purchase a mobo on ebay?   I bought a peiced out 360 to fix the one that crapped out on me.  But, the guy says he doesnt have the key for the drive.  Did I just plush $50 down the drain? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

cory

dj_adamix

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

mobo without a key is useless. and DONT BUY ANY MOBOS FROM EBAY lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) buy one from other console sites. ppl on ebay just fix broken mobos and sell them on ebay, then it will last u for few weeks and it will breakdown again. that happened to me

cjf28

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 01:11:00 AM »

wow.  Great to know.  Thought I had a good deal. then after I pay, my pal goes  "make sure he adds a drive key"  Supposedly, Im getting everything but the Drive, which the guy claims was bad anyways.  Im getting the insides, the lights, the shell.  everything

would it be possible for me to put my DVD Drive into the stuff im getting? or would that require the key also?

cory

reddwarfusa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 07:19:00 AM »

I'm afraid your still screwed.  You need to marry the dvd drive to the motherboard so need the key, otherwise it just won't work, sorry

evilgizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

is there any web sites taht sell new mobos?