xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: First Freeze  (Read 143 times)

thebroken

• Archived User
First Freeze
« on: December 19, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »

Well after buying my second Xbox 360 manufacture date of 06-05-2006 after 8 days it froze one me. Its in a well ventilated section on my desk. What would you guys do its the first time it froze on me. It froze After about an hour of playing Tony Hawk Project 8 no error codes or lights appeared at the time of the freeze I noticed that the DVD drive stopped running (spinning of the disk). Should I call the dreaded 1-800-4-MYXBOX? Returning is out of the question due to these items have a 7 day return policy and 10% restocking fee. Should I just leave it be and cross my fingers that it doesn't happen again? Or possibly pick up that M$ Extended warranty?

Thanks Again

This post has been edited by thebroken: Dec 20 2006, 03:21 AM

BrooksyX

• Archived User
First Freeze
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

The freeze may not have been caused by a hardware error. I have a 10/2006 360 and I get a freeze every once in a while. It's only happened when I tried to do something while my 360 was connecting to live or I tried to join an almost full game on gears. It might have been caused by software. I would just wait and make sure. Im not an expert or anything so I am not 100% sure.

This post has been edited by BrooksyX: Dec 20 2006, 04:17 AM

hyp3rtoo

• Archived User
First Freeze
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

this happens to me also but only on THP8 - i think it's just poorly coded to be honest, it's not your xbox, it's the game.

b15ginz

• Archived User
First Freeze
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

my xbox has froze numories of times. i think a lot of iot has to do with the gamesd..andf some has to do with hose fast the console can move and frame rate. i find myself reezes a lot when im in the dashboard, accepting friends game invites. just because im moving 2 fast for the console.