xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox 360 DVD Adapter Pictures  (Read 189 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Xbox 360 DVD Adapter Pictures
« on: April 25, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

Xbox 360 DVD Adapter Pictures-- Posted by XanTium on April 25 23:12 EST
WunSick on the Team Devo-E Xbox 360 DVD Drive Blog posted pictures of the adapter he made to connect the Xbox 360 DVD drive with a PC based on the diagram and parts list he released last week:

Now I decided to build my adapter real fast make a simple but small adapter, and see if I could get this detected...
So here it is...
Dirty wiring... yeah but... hey, it worked... lol

Now all that's left is the software... Stay tuned!

Official Site: http://devo-e.com/dvdhax

xzenor

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »

I'm getting more and more confused. What are these "adapters" good for?? You'd think that if it were for the firmware hack, this thread would be going nuts. But no one is going to release this hack so why bother making adapters?

XzeneR

DaddyO21

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(xzenor @ Apr 26 2006, 04:36 AM) View Post

I'm getting more and more confused. What are these "adapters" good for?? You'd think that if it were for the firmware hack, this thread would be going nuts. But no one is going to release this hack so why bother making adapters?

XzeneR

The adapter is good for giving the drive power without being installed inside the XBox360 chasis , i think these adapters are not only being made for the firmware hack but the ability to install a new DVD Drive without sending the console to MS , each DVD Drive is locked to the console , each console haves a different key , so is usefull to change your damaged DVD Drive or to install a better one.

J0RD4N 007

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

"no one" is kinda strong, its just that no one wants to have any tracks lead to them because when its released MS will have the hounds at full force, but I know theres plenty of sceners in places where MS's copyright laws dont mean donkey doo doo - so i think its more of a matter of time type of deal

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »

Oh look... another adapter  blink.gif

Jakesterama

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »

woooo ho. you made a voltage regulator, not only that but one of the most simple circuits ever, congrats......

I should post a picture of my crap and see if it makes it front page, lol

Gazcoigne

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 05:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jakesterama @ Apr 26 2006, 05:42 AM) View Post

woooo ho. you made a voltage regulator, not only that but one of the most simple circuits ever, congrats......

I should post a picture of my crap and see if it makes it front page, lol

no need to be so sarcastic dude at least he is showing the rest of us who dont know how to make one how to do it. instead of bein an ass hat perhaps you could output something useful to the community instead of criticism.

i say well done and thanks for showin the way.

and before the piracy argument appears again ill state the reason for me waiting for this hack. To replace my crap hitachi drive that sounds like concorde takin off with a sexy samsung one.

just as i did with my first 2 xbox's.

peace out

ph34r.gif

89c4l98

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Gazcoigne @ Apr 26 2006, 12:48 PM) View Post

ill state the reason for me waiting for this hack. To replace my crap hitachi drive that sounds like concorde takin off with a sexy samsung one.

But I already have the Samsung dvd in mine and it sounds like a space shuttle taking off so there is no point of you waiting.

Jakesterama

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gazcoigne @ Apr 26 2006, 07:48 AM) View Post

no need to be so sarcastic dude at least he is showing the rest of us who dont know how to make one how to do it. instead of bein an ass hat perhaps you could output something useful to the community instead of criticism.

i say well done and thanks for showin the way.

and before the piracy argument appears again ill state the reason for me waiting for this hack. To replace my crap hitachi drive that sounds like concorde takin off with a sexy samsung one.

just as i did with my first 2 xbox's.

peace out

ph34r.gif

Serously, if you don't know what a voltage regulator is, you really have no business modding xboxes.

For those that don't know what one is, it is a circuit that normalizes the flow of electricity to a stedy flow, like a dam on a river.  There ya go, now you know.

Maybe I am just missing the point of how posting something that has been known since the dawn of electronics is "useful to the community"

frieko

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

It's useful in that it makes a half hour project of googling pinouts, drawing a schematic, etc into a 5 minute soldering job.

Geremia

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »

BTW, TS drive have pin7 disconnected, and doesn't need 3v to eject pin to open, just ground it to close, unground it to open is enought to change the state.

Here is my project (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/3250/dscn01032bx.jpg)

Cyclone268

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

dude, resize that pic!

YOur just killing yourself by smoking, i would stop.

ensaynexotics

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

wow that's a shit load of cigars

Zenofex

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »

someones a marlboro man

moederfietser

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaddyO21 @ Apr 26 2006, 05:45 AM) View Post

The adapter is good for giving the drive power without being installed inside the XBox360 chasis , i think these adapters are not only being made for the firmware hack but the ability to install a new DVD Drive without sending the console to MS , each DVD Drive is locked to the console , each console haves a different key , so is usefull to change your damaged DVD Drive or to install a better one.

So would it be possible that I buy a DVD drive with a s-ata connection, and use one of the adapters to power this drive up, and then have a xbox360 with a silent DVD drive?
Pages: [1] 2