xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Usb Mouse  (Read 891 times)

JRaspass

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« on: May 30, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »

Looking at the intergrated xbox arcade thing I was wondering if it would be possible to use a usb mouse given that its MS and all, cos some of those games like bejewlled and minesweeper would be sooo much better if we could use a mouse.

Twasi

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

Even though there hasn't been talk about it, I would say that this is almost guranteed since the 360 will have USB ports and will be able to browse the internet.

Tobb555

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »

where did you hear that it could surf that net. havnet heard anything about that.

ebrunn

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tobb555 @ May 30 2005, 11:37 PM)
where did you hear that it could surf that net. havnet heard anything about that.

Twasi

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »

Whoops sorry, I was thinking of the PS3, but anyways I don't see why they wouldn't make it so you can take advantage of the USB ports and use a mouse. I still think it's a pretty safe assumption that some sort of mouse will work, be it normal or one you have to buy from M$.

Tobb555

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Twasi @ May 31 2005, 02:19 AM)
Whoops sorry, I was thinking of the PS3, but anyways I don't see why they wouldn't make it so you can take advantage of the USB ports and use a mouse. I still think it's a pretty safe assumption that some sort of mouse will work, be it normal or one you have to buy from M$.

Jully

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(whet1134 @ May 31 2005, 08:09 AM)
There was rumor that the Xbox360 would include a WebTV program.  I think that idea was abandoned.

Twasi

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »

: Sony will launch its new PlayStation 3 video game console in the spring of 2006, with the promise of HD graphics and broadband connectivity...

With a built-in Ethernet port for high-speed Internet access, PlayStation 3 will allow gamers to surf the Web while simultaneously playing games. Its disc drive will use Blu-ray, a next-generation DVD format backed by Sony with vastly more capacity than current discs.

The third-generation PlayStation stands at the heart of Sony's convergence strategy that aims to pull together its game console and electronics hardware business with its movie and music segments.

http://news.yahoo.co...ameexpo_sony_dc
And the PS2 supports a mouse and keyboard (although very FEW games did the support was still there) so PS3 is almost guranteed to have mouse and keyboard support and I don't see why xbox360 won't also, but you never know.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »

last i heard it was a 100% no....they didnt want to deal with viruses and spam

Carlo210

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

It doesn't matter if the xbox360 has usb, it's wether or not the game supports mouse controls.

I don't want to explain it.

Lets just put it this way... Moving your cursor with a joystick isn't the same as moving it with a mouse.

I don't wanna go too deep with it, you guys can figure it out yourselves.  rolleyes.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

Plus, gaming with true native support for mice etc will leave alot of gamers with a clear disadvantage. Alot of us are unable and uncomfortable and just plain don't like gaming with mice, like me, but the ones who do will have an aiming advantage.

I'm not crying about it, but it is true that people who play shooters with mice have a better advantage over people who play shooters with controllers.

Also, MS won't let MICE natively be supported in the games developed for xbox360 unless they develop a special xbox360 mouse with some triggers on it etc so they can at least make a profit off of it.

Twasi

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

I know it doesn't matter if it has USB or not for mice, but If they do release a mouse I see it being wired instead of wireless, since wireless takes batteries and are heavy which no one wants, right now wireless mice suck, unless you blow $80 for a MX900 or something.  Of course it would be a M$ released mouse, but it would still help if the 360 was compatable. Alot of games would be easier and more enojayble, such as music mixing games or alot of puzzle games. There really isn't a reason not to, even if there is no web surfing. It's rather easy to get a mouse running on a system, as it was said for the PS2, and seeing as the xbox360 is more based on PC type architecture I couldn't imagine it would be very difficult.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Twasi @ Jun 2 2005, 12:21 AM)
I know it doesn't matter if it has USB or not for mice, but If they do release a mouse I see it being wired instead of wireless, since wireless takes batteries and are heavy which no one wants, right now wireless mice suck, unless you blow $80 for a MX900 or something.  Of course it would be a M$ released mouse, but it would still help if the 360 was compatable. Alot of games would be easier and more enojayble, such as music mixing games or alot of puzzle games. There really isn't a reason not to, even if there is no web surfing. It's rather easy to get a mouse running on a system, as it was said for the PS2, and seeing as the xbox360 is more based on PC type architecture I couldn't imagine it would be very difficult.

Twasi

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »

On average cheap wireless mice are noticably heavier than wired ones (of course this varies like mgamer2000 said), but I think using batteries would be the biggest downside, but I guess that depends on the battery life, they could use something like RFID to power the mice. anyways it all boils down to, there has been no talk of a mouse so there is none planned any time soon or else they would have announced it with all the other accesories. The 360 would be able to support a mouse, there really isn't a reason not to have one, but maybe in the future we'll see some sort of mouse released by M$.

q3autraven

• Archived User
Usb Mouse
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »

M$ has stated that the 360 will support a keyboard for chat but a mouse has no real useage and that they do not plan to include mouse support.

As far as other devices
the wireless adaptor:
user posted image

PSP's
ipods
this thingy that will power your controller when it loses power:
user posted image

the xbox 360 digi cam
most digi cams
Pages: [1] 2