xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 360 Complete Watercooling Solution  (Read 928 times)

chipD

• Archived User
360 Complete Watercooling Solution
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Harbinger076 @ Dec 25 2007, 02:31 AM) *

http://www.coolerguys.com/klxb360kit.html
just looking for feedback.  Looks like a fairly decent setup i like the way that their design replaces the xclamps.

I have the KIT-XB360 and i can personally tell you it does not replace the stock Xclamps.Also the replacment posts DO NOT fit.No matter how you adjust the posts, the xclamps DO NOT stay clipped in because the notch in the repacment posts arent deep enough so the clips just keep poping out.And also the nuts they supply to tighten the top X brackets down DO NOT fit either, because there too thick and touch each other where the two X brackets meet.

My advice to anyone is if you want to use these water blocks, buy them seperately and look for a better mounting solution.Im tempted to somehow adapt the Xclamp replacement Mod to work with the X top brackets that koolance supplies with this kit.Im just not sure about having the correct spacing.

Bandit5317

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(kyle190 @ Jan 7 2008, 08:34 PM) *

The funny thing is, he has no idea what were talking about (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Hell, it's in your friggin' sig (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Bandit5317: Jan 9 2008, 11:45 PM

Dano2k0

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(chipD @ Jan 9 2008, 06:38 PM) *

I have the KIT-XB360 and i can personally tell you it does not replace the stock Xclamps.Also the replacment posts DO NOT fit.No matter how you adjust the posts, the xclamps DO NOT stay clipped in because the notch in the repacment posts arent deep enough so the clips just keep poping out.And also the nuts they supply to tighten the top X brackets down DO NOT fit either, because there too thick and touch each other where the two X brackets meet.

My advice to anyone is if you want to use these water blocks, buy them seperately and look for a better mounting solution.Im tempted to somehow adapt the Xclamp replacement Mod to work with the X top brackets that koolance supplies with this kit.Im just not sure about having the correct spacing.

I'm quite supprised youve had so many problems though, Koolance did jump on the wagon and modify existing products without any real development, they just jumped on the wagon while they had chance.

QUOTE(Bandit5317 @ Jan 9 2008, 10:41 PM) *

The funny thing is, he has no idea what were talking about (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Hell, it's in your friggin' sig (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) yeah i know, much to my amusement. He either played along with it somewhat or didn't clock on, lol.

chipD

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dano2k0 @ Jan 10 2008, 01:00 AM) *

I'm quite supprised youve had so many problems though, Koolance did jump on the wagon and modify existing products without any real development, they just jumped on the wagon while they had chance.

Yeah i was surprised the mounting hardware didnt fit.The main reason i bought there blocks as a kit was i wanted an easy and safe way to mount them.Im tempted to RMA the mounting hardware, but what are the chances that i just got a manufacturing defect?Im thinking very slim, and I'll just end up with another set of mounting hardware that dont fit.

Dano....I have a question about your internal watercooling setup.Is your reservoir setup for vertical, or horizontal?

I wouldnt mind doing an internal setup like yours, but i want the option to have my 360 vertical and horizontal.It would be nice if there was a reservoir that could be tilted in either direction.

This post has been edited by chipD: Jan 10 2008, 05:36 AM

Dano2k0

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 07:33:00 AM »

Well i'd guess its a very slim chance the mounting kit is a factory defect due to the ammount of issues youve had with it, if there was a minor issue, then sure it could be a faulty product from the factory, but from what youve said i think its just poor design and build quality.

On the note about the reservoir, its a sealed unit, so it can run either vertical or horizontal. It really suits being vertical, so the 360 of course has to be vertical for the reservoir to be vertical aswell. Although it does run horizontal perfectly fine, it doesn't make any real difference which way it is, just providing it doesn't leak of course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

KRQKAN

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 08:38:00 AM »

pfff skip the watercooling and  go (IMG:http://www.astrazeneca.se/gUserFiles/ungaforskare.jpg) !!!!!!!

Liquid nitrogen -200 C no more rrod (Red ring of death)

This post has been edited by KRQKAN: Jan 10 2008, 04:40 PM
Pages: 1 [2]