xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Disc Reading Problems  (Read 266 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
Xbox Disc Reading Problems
« on: March 07, 2013, 02:49:00 AM »

Open tray error is a problem with your 360's optic in the dvd drive.  Replace the optic.  Ones can be found on ebay.  Make sure to order the right part number

Unrecognized disc - can be one of two things

The worm motor shaft for the optic needs to be cleaned and re-greased with white lithium grease.
The optic needs to be able to move fast - really fast, to read the security checks on the disc.

that might clear up the unrecognize   -  OR

The second possibility is a logic failure.  You can try to a flash back to stock - then back to custom again.
But if the logic failure is too large  ... you might have to spoof a fresh drive over to work for your console.
Or replace the logic component that is failing  - i.e.  board level soldering work

naruto9792

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »

alright thanks for the reply ill look into it on ebay and hey i just purchased some verbatim discs so hopefully those read but i think they should since the one game i have plays.

treyjazz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 01:58:00 AM »

Look at this list of media reviews on Videohelp. The console reliability will generally pertain to 360s for DL media so it is safe to go by that. Get the media code of the good game disc to find out what model it is then try to stick with that if you can afford them or find another model on the list with good results. Search the media code with "buy" or "shop" to find a place that will sell exactly that media. These are the Verbatims I use and have had a good success rate with.