xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fw Backwards Compatibility  (Read 181 times)

forget2rememb3r

• Archived User
Fw Backwards Compatibility
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »

Hey guys (and girls), I have 2 launch (2005) model 360s that have firmware from 2008.  Never updated them, only played about 5 games over 7 years, but now I'm looking to play a backup of borderlands 2 on my second console.  The last backup I played was Halo Reach which worked just fine on both consoles, my question is does anyone know for sure if you can still play currently made backups on old (2008) FW before I order another pack of verbatims?

I can't recall exactly which firmware but I want to say FW 1.61.  Don't remember the drives, it's been 4 years since I opened them.  I'm not looking for 'just update anyway', just if anyone happens to know or is running old firmware with a recent backup.

tl;dr If I order more Verbatims, can I make a copy of my BL2 and have it run on a much older Firmware without the xbox live security, stealth, nothing like that...

Thanks!

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
Fw Backwards Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 07:32:00 AM »

nope wont work as XGD3 games require LT3.0 to boot!!

and the newer games will force your console to update, flashing the dvd drive back to stock or most likely failing to update due to fw mismatch.