xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I View Xbox Folder Sizes Via Flashfxp?  (Read 79 times)

$langer

• Archived User
Can I View Xbox Folder Sizes Via Flashfxp?
« on: October 24, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »

I modded my friends Xbox and he was asking me if there is a way to tell how much space is left on your Xbox with FlashFXP.  I figured the easiest way would be to view the folder/partition sizes (i.e. C:, F: ect) but I was unable to find an option to do this in FlashFXP...

I know that you can easily view the folder sizes on the Xbox but his comp is upstairs and its a hassle for him to have to go downstairs to check.  Is there a way to determine directory sizes or how much space is left on the Xbox hard drive using FlashFXP or even via PC?

Thanks!

Samstag

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »

Flashfxp will show you the space left on a partition every time you switch directories.

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »

It doesnt seem to tell me when I'm high up the directory tree like when I change to F:, I do see that it shows the size of all the files in the folder but it doesn't include the sizes of the sub folders.  This isn't all that helpful because I want to know the size of my F: partition or Games folder and they all contain subfolders... Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Samstag

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 01:58:00 AM »

Maybe you have a different version than I have, but the status window always shows me total space left on whatever partition I'm in when I change directories.  I'll get details when I get home and try it.

spacefrog

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 06:17:00 AM »

it depends on the ftp server,

xbmc's ftp server will show the free space on all drives after each directory change

evox or avalaunch will tell u when you first log on. There's probably a command u can type in to get the freespace on demmand. look up evox ftp commands and u might find something. Or just use XBMC :)

And if u want to see how much space a particular folder takes up, click into it and go to TOOLS->CALCULATE FTP SPACE USED...

Samstag

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 06:46:00 AM »

I use Evox and I get a free space indication every directory change and after every file transfer.  If you see something like this:

CWD F
250 "/F/" is current directory.
PWD
257 "/F/" is current directory
PORT 192,168,123,152,4,19
200 Port command ok.
LIST
150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /F/.
226 free disk space under this directory : 14.488.092.672
226 Transfer finished successfully. Data connection closed.
List Complete: 578 bytes in 0.08 (0.56 KBps)

The 14.488.092.672 free space indication seen there is for the entire partition.  It has nothing to do with subfolders.

CrystalXBOX

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »

Couldn't you do the list command from within the subfolder, as opposed to /f/ .  Like switch to /f/games/blah blah/  then list.?