xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: *kreon V1.00 Fw Ripping Games Wrong* Use 0800 Fw!  (Read 72 times)

wantin2mod

• Archived User
*kreon V1.00 Fw Ripping Games Wrong* Use 0800 Fw!
« on: November 25, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »

Just doing some research on most recent bans and the possible causes.

Found THIS thread discussing different firmwares used for ripping retail 360 games.

I read it all the way through and was bummed out to find my Kreon drive might as well be axed!!!  sad.gif  (unless a new firmware is released for Kreon  uhh.gif )
Looks like it's time for me to invest into another 360 drive for ripping.  dry.gif

Takashi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »

This has already been discussed in other more appropriate areas of the forum, for weeks now.

wantin2mod

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »

Well Takashi, I guess I'm a little slow.
I just figured since Kreon is a modified firmware, I was posting in the correct section......but in the same breath can see where it's a firmware that helps create backups/iso's.  

As I read these posts often (or so I thought), I would definitely think that Kreon firmware not being able to access all the information on a genuine game disc for backup purposes would definitely be a BIG DEAL.
I don't know what the percentage of people using Kreon vs. 0800 is, but I think the most used would be Kreon as it's easier for the end user.

Anyways, I want to do it as correctly as possible so I have a Benq drive on it's way for my future backup purposes.

When the drive arrives, what method should I use to flash it with the 0800 FW? I understand that the ripping drive needs no key to rip games. Would I use JF, dosflash or what action should I take to flash 0800 firmware?

wantin2mod

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(stacker69 @ Nov 28 2009, 03:52 PM) View Post

Excuse me for butting in. But you can use either JF or dosflash, whatever is easiest for you. After all you still be using the same 0800 f/w.

stacker, by all means, but in!!
The way I look at, we all need to be in on helping each other out. This is a community effort we ALL need/want to be reaching for the same end. A common goal for all of us, if you will.

The more we help each other out, the more unified our community becomes creating a stronger, more knowledgeable scene.

Long live X-S!