xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: *tutorial* Flashing & Ripping With A Benq Drive And Intel Chipset  (Read 60 times)

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User

Looks nice, good job mate, the only thing I was missing were some pictures...
I also got an Intel chipset but also a VIA card so I didnt have to do this switch trick and since I got a Kreon drive I dont have to use my BenQ for that either,
Bet this will help a lot of people, they should add it to the flashing faq in the noob section as well

BlackWar

• Archived User
*tutorial* Flashing & Ripping With A Benq Drive And Intel Chipset
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »

TY.

Yea, I thought about adding pics, but I was looking at 2 things in mind....

1: Keeping the file size down by not including pics (free, good file hosts are hard to come by)
2: keep people from seeing my sh*tty soldering skills, lol

I will admit, at first it was a real b*tch to figure out on how to get it to read/write the FW properly (thank god I had a backup from before on my old PC that had VIA chipset!!!!!!).
Not to mention time-consuming getting everything set up.

I will point out that if you already have a method in doing backup/burning with an INTEL chipset, stick with it! If you are stuck with working with what you got (like me in my case), then give it a try, JUST BE SURE TO CHECK THE ORIGIONAL FW WITH FIRMTOOL BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE (if something is wrong with the FW when you try to copy the key over, firmtool will warn you of it, that is why I did it that way in the tut).