xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Media Stealth: What Is Needed And How To Verify  (Read 709 times)

sosotiit

• Archived User
Media Stealth: What Is Needed And How To Verify
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »

truelaw, not good , need to redo from original.
-soso

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Jun 5 2007, 03:17 PM

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(sosotiit @ May 23 2007, 05:13 PM) View Post

Backup and media stealth (DMI, PFI, Video partition) and how to check: After you extracted your image with  XBCreator or Schtrom,  you can check the stealth in the Schtrom/Tools tab and using the Acidflash stealth check. You can also use the Stealth check in XBcreator (if you get video questionable it is usually ok, but you can confirm with schtrom).
  • At this point it only has value if you have a Samsung drive in your X360 (Hitachi hacked firmware does not support media stealth at this point)
  • How to test a burned DVD in post #2 below: If some of the components are missing or in the event that you are unsure how you built that backup, we suggest to redo it from the original with a samsung drive**/Kreon drive.
  • Using Wxripper and a hitachi drive: Not recommended anymore. It seems the SS extracted with Hitachi drive should not be used  because easier to detect. For those who want to prepare for the day the Hitachi FW supports media stealth, you should till extract your backups with a Samsung**/Kreon Drive using XBCreator/Schtrom. You would then be able to do a "Complete backup" so no point in extracting separate pieces and merging.

WHAT NOT TO ASK at XS
  • How to extract an image from a backup:  NO image extraction from a backup. We do not care what the cute reason is, we heard them all and it is no.
  • How to merge additional stealth components in an existing image. Redo them from the originals.
-----

For those that do not read  the rules (no backups of backup), the pinned and previous post in a thread (including the first one  blink.gif )

no discussion about backups of backup (injecting components) , redo from original

post removed
-soso

ka-b00m

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »

Greetings...

One quick question... Can we check an original disk with XDVDMulleter... Not just a backup... Using a Samsung Kreon drive... Right...

I ask this because i checked XBOX LIVE Arcade Unplugged Volume 1 Original and saw that there is no SS, DMI and PFI... Just Video Partition and Video Data present... In the ORIGINAL DISK... ????

blink.gif

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »

no it does not work, not to worry. it is always like that.

-soso

ka-b00m

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »

hoo ok...  biggrin.gif

Thanks for the reply...

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(ka-b00m @ Jun 5 2007, 05:42 PM) View Post

Greetings...

One quick question... Can we check an original disk with XDVDMulleter... Not just a backup... Using a Samsung Kreon drive... Right...

I ask this because i checked XBOX LIVE Arcade Unplugged Volume 1 Original and saw that there is no SS, DMI and PFI... Just Video Partition and Video Data present... In the ORIGINAL DISK... ????

blink.gif

That is because when we rip we relocate the sectors...  The firmware redirects requests to the new location..

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(mrhobot @ Jun 5 2007, 10:50 PM) View Post

i dont know, my buddy gave it to me. i guess im going to have to ask him.

Forgot to read the rules on Piracy??

You should have!!

Truelaw

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Jun 5 2007, 09:52 AM) *

truelaw, not good , need to redo from original.
-soso

Ok thank you. I actually just ordered the sam drive. So that should help.

adachan

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »

I have  a question for you guys.  I have 3 xbox 360s.  2 have ms25 drives with 5.3 firmwares.  The other is a Hitachi 47 with an NME 1.2 chip in it.  I have proper stealth backups of a number of games I own, but I have added the NME sector on these discs to make them work with the NME console.  I am assuming if I use these backups with ixtreme they will boot, but will result in a ban.  Does anyone know if this is true or the details on this?  Thanks.

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »

Not sure on the NME, but would not take the chance with anything but plain XBCr/schtrom and Kreon/Samsung.

just IMHO, soso

ydgmms

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »

Well I finally bit the bullet and flashed my unbanned/unmodded 360 (TSST drive) to iXtreme.

I decided *NOT* to try my old backups at all - they were NME format.
I decided to re-rip Gears of War from my original to test for the time being...

However:

I ripped with Schrotm 3.2 and samsung shdwhatever Kreon .81 drive (used the Xtreme Stealth v3 option).
It passed acidflash test in Scrtom and appears to be ok in XDVDMulleter Beta 8.

I went to boot it this morning.... Open Tray.
I ejected the tray and reinserted it... Worked.
" " ... Worked.
Rebooted console ... "Gears of War" on the bottom and loaded.

Now, I'm worried if it was a fluke (bad read?)the first time and now its OK. Or if something is wrong with the image... What seems to be the consensus for ripping games now?

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »

I would say SChtrom3.2 or XBC 2.5 with a Kreon sdh162c is the best at the moment.

BTW for the bad read, if it is only once, may be just a glitch.

-soso

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Jun 11 2007, 11:04 PM

bboy_toronto

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »

I'm having a bit of difficulty with this and I'm not sure why.

I have a couple of backups that I've stealth patched and everything and using XDVDMulleter it shows it as being patched and everything working fine however my 360 still does not read them! I put it in, I hear a small beep and then drive runs for a while and then starts clicking and in the dashboard I see "Open Tray" . I've wasted almost $20 on DVD's and I'm not sure what's wrong.

After upgrading to iXtereme 1.2 half my games won't work so I backed them up again making sure they are patched and yet they still don't work... am I doing something wrong?

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »

how are you doing the backup, drive, fw, software
how are you burning, media, burner, software

-soso

bboy_toronto

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Jun 18 2007, 10:23 PM) View Post

how are you doing the backup, drive, fw, software
how are you burning, media, burner, software

-soso

i'm pretty sure everything is rite.. all of these worked pre-ixtreme 1.2 but now they're not (well some of them are but there are a few that are giving me a headache - ex. forza 2 is working but doa 4 and fight night 3 aren't).

I burn them with Verbatims which were working perfectly before, not one bad disk, using cloneCD, my burner is a Toshiba one and it's also been working fine before...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5