xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can't Burn My Backup With Clonecd Or Dvddecrypter  (Read 635 times)

uk_dan2k

• Archived User
Can't Burn My Backup With Clonecd Or Dvddecrypter
« on: June 11, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

im getting the same error with clone cd and dvd decrypter keep saying "invalid or unsupported file format"

kollision

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »

I read in VinceVs article that it means that the backup is bad
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=514437

Thats why I made another backup, but I still get the same error.

uk_dan2k

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(kollision @ Jun 11 2006, 09:39 PM) View Post
I read in VinceVs article that it means that the backup is bad
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=514437

Thats why I made another backup, but I still get the same error.

I've had a read about it and the only reason dvd decrypter dosn't work is because of the image padding at the start of the backup.
But i dont know why cloneCD dosn't work, alls it says is failed to write, but not why it failed.
They only work around is doing wxripper backup first and make a new blank360.iso but i havent even got any DL dvds mad.gif

kollision

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

Well I dont want to fool around with the wxripper method right now.

Does that Overburn thing pop up for you too in CloneCD?

uk_dan2k

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(kollision @ Jun 11 2006, 11:37 PM) View Post
Well I dont want to fool around with the wxripper method right now.

Does that Overburn thing pop up for you too in CloneCD?

Yea i get the same pop up in cloneCD, nothing ever gets written to my bland dvds sad.gif

Did a disc check in nero, and im getting power calibration errors. Maybe its bad media discs, got some more coming tomorrow so fingers crossed.

netvista

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

dont used Isobuilder  when merging ss file i had problem with that too.
I used the xbox360 SS merger 1.5 to merge the ISO that was made with ISOBUSTER.
ISO BUILDER always gives me problem. Once it done I burn it by using CLONE CD.

netvista

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

Yes I use extreme / isoBuster method on the xbox ss merger just choose the ISO and choose the ss files
hit detect or choose pad with blank (extreme style)

BALLIN5

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »

i'd say if it says image doesn't work using dvd decrypter don't burn the image at all because it would become a bad burn!

In my cases every single image that has said invalid or unsupported image file uding decrypter/imgburn i have made a complete coaster!

If i get no error burn away and all will be good!

Best ripping method for originals would be wxripper in my opinion!

hawke12

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(kollision @ Jun 11 2006, 07:56 PM) View Post

I made my backup (twice) following ICP4Evers guide.  I used DVDInfoPro to get the SS.Bin as well as Unlock the drive.  Then I backed up the CD in ISOBuster with the Extract From-To with the length (LBA) at 3567872 at User Data (2048).  I didn't get any read errors and the ISO was created at 6.80 gb.  

I put the SS.bin and GAME.ISO in the Isobuilder 360 Folder and ran the build360.bat file.  After awhile I waited for that to be finished and then opened IMAGE.DVD in CloneCD.  When it was about to burn it shows this

IPB Image

I then tried DVD Decrypter and changed the IMAGE.DVD so that I erased the LayerBreak and saved it as IMAGEDECRYPTER.DVD.  I then went to the DVD Decrypter Write Tab in the settings and put the layer break number in there.  I tried to burn it by starting IMAGEDECRYPTER.DVD and I get this error

IPB Image

Any ideas what could be going wrong?  I turned off the screen savers and everything when I backed up my game.  I backed it up twice and always the same errors.

Here's the problem, when you make the Back-up with the extreme method, it blanks out the video partition with Zero's.  CloneCd will Burn Whatever you throw at it, as DvdDecryptor(Imgburn) will not, it looks for the video partition so it knows what to burn.  There is a post on these forums with a link to an ISO fix tool That will rewrite the ISO with the video partition, From a good working ISO file.  Or another option is to use SSMerger 1.6 by Helldoc, On these forums (search)  that will rewrite the iso when you insert your SS.bin into it for you.  Hope this helps.  Here's the link to the thread with the fix tool and a tutorial.   http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=516786

uk_dan2k

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(kollision @ Jun 11 2006, 07:56 PM) View Post
 When it was about to burn it shows this

IPB Image

Has anyone got a backup to work with this popping up in cloneCD, if so which option did you pick?

QUOTE(netvista @ Jun 12 2006, 12:36 AM) View Post

I used the xbox360 SS merger 1.5 to merge the ISO that was made with ISOBUSTER.
ISO BUILDER always gives me problem. Once it done I burn it by using CLONE CD.

I've tried both ways and none worked, one with merger 1.6 and one with isoBuilder, also when you burned your working one in cloneCD, did that gay overburn option come up? if so which one did you pick?

QUOTE(hawke12 @ Jun 12 2006, 03:10 PM) View Post

Here's the problem, when you make the Back-up with the extreme method, it blanks out the video partition with Zero's. CloneCd will Burn Whatever you throw at it, as DvdDecryptor(Imgburn) will not, it looks for the video partition so it knows what to burn. There is a post on these forums with a link to an ISO fix tool That will rewrite the ISO with the video partition, From a good working ISO file. Or another option is to use SSMerger 1.6 by Helldoc, On these forums (search) that will rewrite the iso when you insert your SS.bin into it for you. Hope this helps. Here's the link to the thread with the fix tool and a tutorial. http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=516786

I cant get wxRipper to work the guide says you have to: -

Stick in your large DVD. Let it get recognised then press The "Stop" button on wxRipper.
Remove the disk without using eject and replace it with your Xbox360 game disk. (used emergency eject hole)

Press the "Play" button (spin drive) then the "Find Magic Number" button.
You can now press the "Start Dump" green button.

Save the image with whatever name you like.

When i click find magic number it says no media loaded. Do you find the magic number on your large dvd and not the 360 game?

BALLIN5

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »

i have tried using tool.exe setup and after i create the backup.data file from the good image i then start to patch the bad image but come out with a 243,000 kb file which isn't the full iso, and i go to the iso and still unsuported image!

hawke12

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(BALLIN5 @ Jun 13 2006, 01:18 AM) View Post

i have tried using tool.exe setup and after i create the backup.data file from the good image i then start to patch the bad image but come out with a 243,000 kb file which isn't the full iso, and i go to the iso and still unsuported image!

before you execute 'fix_image.bat'  you need to rename your bad image to 'BADIMAGE.000' . If you don't it will only rewrite the videopartition from the good DATA, because It looks for the 'badimage.000' filename to merge the 2 parts.    And even if the extension on your bad image is .ISO, change it to .000 anyways it doesn't matter.  Hope this helps.

vgopal

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

which version clonecd are you using? the ones who are having problems

uk_dan2k

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(kollision @ Jun 13 2006, 06:31 PM) View Post
How do you get a good image if all the images that you make is bad in the first place?

I have the same problem lol grr.gif

QUOTE(vgopal @ Jun 13 2006, 07:42 PM) View Post
which version clonecd are you using? the ones who are having problems

i have the latest version 5.2.9.1

BALLIN5

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

i follow all the stups using the tool and my good partitioned iso is 259,646 kb .DAT file which is the good working file, then i try the fix image tool and it creates a second BADIMAGE.000 which is 259,648 kb which i believe is supposed to be the bad partition extracted, and then i try to burn the supposed fixed image(BADIMAGE.000 7gig file) renamed to .iso and still get the same exact error "invalid or unsupported image file" using img burn! and when i try and burn these invalid or unsupported image files using clone cd, i always get the clean disc message in my xbox 360 leaving me with a coaster!!  The only thing that i havn't tried is use clone cd to burn a image that is ok with imgburn to make sure that clone cd will work or not at all!(i am scared to waste another $3 verbatim DL disk). I make sure that my bitsetting is set to DVD-Rom because even every coaster will have the booktype of DVD-ROM!!!!!!!

So any Help would be appreciated as i am not the only person with this problem!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2