xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Bad, Bad Vga Cable  (Read 4994 times)

DaForce

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »

Really, seemed to make a big enough difference for me (not that i had a major wash out problem in the first place. Maybe it just masked it)

Either way, that in conjunction with the SuperBright turned on.. it makes the colors much richer and vibrant without ruining the black or making it washed out.. Pretty sweet IMO.

Anyway, thanks for cleaing it up.

skadollax

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Wiggin78 @ Apr 19 2006, 10:21 PM) View Post

I'm glad this thread told me it isn't a setting problem. People at the AVS forum were positive it must be my settings. I have a 50" Samsung 1080p DLP and VGA looks terrible. Component looks 10x as good. My problem is this TV has lag because of the video processing. It is really noticeable with FPS and Racing Games. VGA eliminates the lag but then I get a shitty washed out picture. I really hope MS can fix this with an update. If not I guess I'll have to live with the lag.

I know your pain.
I have tried explaining this to many people but nobody seems to understand.
I have also tested various LCD's and most\if not all experienced some kind of lag when runninh 1080i via component.
VGA for me is just plain ugly!

Been keen on giving a transcoded component signal a try but just haven't got round to picking up a device.

QUOTE(nellus @ Apr 21 2006, 01:19 PM) View Post

Ive been using the VGA for a while now, and im not to impressed with it so far (to many problems, washout been one of them)

So, ive decided to try the Vdigi Transcoder, see if that can help. My monitor doesn't have component inputs so this is the only solution I have. Apart from hopeing it fixes the colour issues, im keeping my fingers crossed the 50hz Halo etc problem will be fixed. I might lose some of the sharpness VGA offers, but its not enough to keep me using it.

I'll let you know how I get on when it arrives if anyone is interested.

I'd love to know the your results as I've been interested in doing something similar but for a slightly different reason!

nellus

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2006, 01:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(skadollax @ Apr 28 2006, 12:18 AM) View Post
Been keen on giving a transcoded component signal a try but just haven't got round to picking up a device.
I'd love to know the your results as I've been interested in doing something similar but for a slightly different reason!

I received my VD-Z3 and plugged it in, but the results werent to great im afraid. It might be my monitor, but im not sure. At 720p the screen didnt sit in the middle, but over to one side and down, no matter what dip switches I tried. I was also getting white lines along the top, very frustrating. The colours were more vibrant though, and it did look more like I expected it to (the text was a little sharper on the dash). The major problem though was that it kept re-setting itself every minute. The screen would go black, the picture would come back and the monitor would auto adjust. 1080i worked, but it was a very fuzzy picture.

I'll stick to the VGA for now, and hope MS will correct some of the problems with it in their future updates. Fingers crossed!

vERdugox

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

Allright, my 360 is on repair, meanwhile this vga cable is just eating some dust, so, heres the thing, my cable didnt cost me the amount you say it costs  (it cost me about 30$), and even as it looks exactly like the original i can tell it´s not..., not as long as its suposed to be, thinner cables and no vga double female adaptor or rca to plug adaptor, so, its obviusly a fake

However it works, and works fine (i tested it on a friend´s xbox), now, anybody knows if the problem could be in part on the cable itself???, since i´ve been reading posts of people who has a pelican cable or something...

Thanks a lot for your att.

BTW: excuse me for my bad english (Venezuelan xbox-scene-R here)

muhaha.gif vERdugox  muhaha.gif

Creamy Goodness

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2007, 03:49:00 AM »

haha where did you dig this up from? nice explanation with the pictures though. i suppose microsoft still hasn't fixed this. someone please tell me i'm wrong smile.gif

Nemo[

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2007, 07:08:00 AM »

The same way as you probably, googled through 20+ different sites where ppl go on and on about how "it works fine on my tv VS no it's broken" hoping to find some home made hack .

My guess is that they won't fix it (the same problem as 1280x1024 is a 5:4 aspect ratio not 4:3 on VGA). They just "inform" new developers that they should add optional gamma/contrast settings.

Nemo[

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »

Answering other questions, both Xbox 360 Elite and current Xbox 360 units will have a spring (console) update which adds support for different video levels for VGA output ("7.5 IRE vs 0"). And as someone mentioned, using this setting you should be able to use computer monitors in addition to TVs with resolutions all the way up to 1080p with high fidelity and no issues with HDCP handshaking

jizmo

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »

After complaing about this issue for the last 1,5 years, I am happy to say that it's all good now, thanks to the spring 2007 update.

Look at 'em colors. About the time biggrin.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ May 9 2007, 05:27 PM) View Post

After complaing about this issue for the last 1,5 years, I am happy to say that it's all good now, thanks to the spring 2007 update.

Look at 'em colors. About the time biggrin.gif

Hear, hear!

The "Expanded" level setting is the "PC level" setting that we all have been waiting for for 1.5 yrs.

Now why they have an "Intermediate" level, is beyond me and pointless imo.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]