xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Bad, Bad Vga Cable  (Read 5124 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

I wonder if it has something to do with the colorspace.

I know my projector has about 5 or 6 different options for colorspace, different ones respond different to the type of device I'm using it with... VGA typically looks best when it's set to "RGB"

Not sure how many devices let you fiddle with that but perhapse the VGA cable it set up to output in a particular colorspace and most monitors are setup to accecpt another.

redwolf

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »

Sent :  30 January 2006 15:43:07
To :  <redwolf4ever[at]hotmail.com>
Subject :  RE: SRX1008382377ID - Xbox360 Hardware

Hello ******

Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support!
I apologize for the inconvenience. I understand that
It sounds like this has been a very frustrating experience for you. After careful review of your issue, we have determined that it is best that you call the Xbox Customer Support number for better assistance.

Assistance by phone is available seven days a week.
1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269)
International (direct dial to U.S.): 425-635-7180
Hearing Impaired (TDD device): 1-866-740-9269 or 425-635-7102
Hours of operation (every day):
9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time
6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Sincerely,
JOHN
Xbox Customer Care Team

i guess "John" don't know jack laugh.gif the reply email is just a default "template", probably didn't even read my message or just passsing all the work to their phone department  ph34r.gif

plus, i told them i was from UK with a PAL Xbox 360, fucking noob gave me some US number  rolleyes.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »

With no vga fix in the update, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing one any time soon, or ever, from MS.  Pisses me off. grr.gif

Nows the time for me to get a transcoder (x2vga2, or vd-z3) to compensate for MS's incompetance.

redwolf

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2006, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jan 31 2006, 04:10 AM) View Post

With no vga fix in the update, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing one any time soon, or ever, from MS.  Pisses me off. grr.gif

if 10 Dutch people can make m$ update for their need, why can't they hear us  laugh.gif

damn give us the dev kit, we can make better updates then that crap  rolleyes.gif

zedaksis

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

Thank you for writing to Xbox regarding MS VGA adaptor.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
 2. Turn the console off.
 3. Turn the console on.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.  
 4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.
 5. The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console

In case you have other Xbox concerns, feel free to write back. We take feedback on Xbox and our Customer Service very seriously and review customer comments daily.  

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX  
Xbox360 customer Care Team

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »

Not sure what the problem is, I got the M$ VGA cables and don't see anything wrong, definetly looks better than component

Topey327

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »

I think i'm going to buy the vga cables tomorrow.. playing CoD2 veteran on the damn british campaign sucks since I can't see shit especially during the early parts of it.

washed out colors is better than an endless loop of deaths because I can't see whats shooting me!  grr.gif

jxt

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2006, 02:22:00 AM »

Im using the 21" samsung syncmaster 1100p + and i did have that problem aswell,
 after a while you kinda dont notice it so much,
 but little things like that eat away at me so im running it through my x2vga and its fine now  biggrin.gif

Topey327

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »

Ok I bought the MS VGA cable today and hooked it up and it looks way better than component. I can finally see what I'm shooting at! My monitor is the gateway FPD2185W (native res @ 1680x1050), and when I switch it to 13xx resolution, I get a slight graininess compared to 1280x1024. Anyone have that problem?

anttimonty

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

Pump problem still not solved and I haven't got any replies from M$  huh.gif

Mick Garvey

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »

Pump??  blink.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2006, 05:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(barabis @ Feb 16 2006, 04:11 AM) View Post

1st of all let me say hi on my first post.

I'm about to buy a 360 and an HD tv to go with it and  I'm quite concerned having read this topic. I'm also a bit confused, is it the case that theres no way to achieve an optimal HD output?

Is the component HD output too dark and the VGA HD output washes out the colours? Or does this only affect certain types of tvs?

Having read the thread it does seem that there seems to be a problem with VGA that MS refuses to recognise.

I dont mind spending extra on a tv to get the optimal HD output that the 360 promises.

The Component HD output's are great (better then the Xbox 1 component outputs IMO) it's just the VGA output that's washed out and only on certain monitors.

barabis

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

just found this on another site regarding vga and levels and possible cause of washed out look on vga on tvs & monitors

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=3150065

Indeed, I'm one of the people who posted in that topic and has a 'DTV' setting.

Basically, I have an LG 26LX2R LCD HDTV, which accepts VGA through the DVI-I port. Both the DVI/VGA and HDMI port have separate 'PC' and 'DTV' modes. I'm not 100% sure what the actual difference is, I'm told they use a different colourspace and different amounts of overscan, but setting the port to 'PC' on anything but a PC results in a washed image, whereas DTV results in a correct image.

It's strange. My TV has a native resolution of 1366x768, so I planned to use the 1360x768 option and avoid upscaling. However, my TV detected this resolution as a PC resolution (even in DTV mode) and the results were a washed image. This also happened in 1280x768 and all other resolutions.

However. Setting my TV to DTV mode and sticking to 720p resulted in a correct image with no washed output whatsoever. VGA does seem a little lighter at first, but I reckon the Component output may be too dark. You can literally SEE more when using the VGA cable.

Anyway, anyone who has an LCD TV which lets them choose between PC and DTV mode (or it might be called 'AV' mode), either from the menu or via the service menu, should give it a go, and stick to 720p.
I reckon the washed output is caused by the TV taking the 360 output as a Pc output and using PC colourspace.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »

Another site?.....you linked to this exact same thread, just on an earlier page.  tongue.gif  But good info, none the less.

prankfurter

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Feb 16 2006, 07:32 PM) View Post

Another site?.....you linked to this exact same thread, just on an earlier page.  tongue.gif  But good info, none the less.

haha, made my day
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9