xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Bad, Bad Vga Cable  (Read 5151 times)

theboyfromthemoon

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

Same problem here with a crt Sony, but I solved the problem with a x2vga box adapted to xb360, it's pretty easy, the x2vga box needs the hdtv colors and +5v, you can ignore the mod wires in the x2vga box. The colors are more vibrant. If someone needs a scheme I'll post.

MaTiAz

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »

My 360 is working fine with the VGA cable hooked up to a 17" Samtron 76E.

OT: Am I the only one who thinks that those Samsung HDTVs used in Xbox kiosks suck? smile.gif

Gazcoigne

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

heres my 26 running with a crappy pelican VGA cable

IPB Image

heres my PC through VGA

IPB Image

mine seems ok no change in tvs settings for both pictures

jizmo

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2006, 03:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(theboyfromthemoon @ Jan 9 2006, 10:07 PM) View Post

Same problem here with a crt Sony, but I solved the problem with a x2vga box adapted to xb360, it's pretty easy, the x2vga box needs the hdtv colors and +5v, you can ignore the mod wires in the x2vga box. The colors are more vibrant. If someone needs a scheme I'll post.

Please do. Could you also confirm this on LCD? x2vga (the first version) gives poor results on many LCD TVs, so I'm a bit afraid getting one and then screwing it up and ending up with a TV that doesn't like my LCD.

QUOTE(Gazcoigne @ Jan 10 2006, 12:33 AM) View Post

heres my 26 running with a crappy pelican VGA cable

Wow. That's what it *should* look like sad.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2006, 03:50:00 AM »

I just finished comparing the vga picture quality between an xbox and the 360, on the same 19" sony trinitron flat crt pc monitor.

The xbox was connected to the monitor by a homemade vga cable (5BNC to vga cable connected to a MS HD pack), plus vga bios (enables the xbox to do true vga; transcoders, like the x2vga, was not necessary).  I went this route, because it is true vga, and no conversion was taking place.

The 360 was connected to the monitor with a monster 360 vga cable.

Both were connected to the monitor at the same time (have two vga ins), with a switch on the front to change inputs.

The game i used to compare picture quality was Halo 2.

I tested them both at the same widescreen resolution, and then bumped up the 360's to 720p.

I tweaked the setting on the monitor for the two consoles, to the best that was possible (turned up the color temp. to high, contrast maxed, and brightness turned down until blacks were acceptable; not gray).

In both cases, the xbox gave me a noticeably superior quality of picture.  The colors were more vibrant, and everything was much brighter (more contrast), while maintaining true blacks, and no washed-out colors.  Basically, the xbox gave me the same type of picture quality i get with pc games on my monitor.

The simplest way i could describe the 360's vga picture quality to the xbox's, in one word, is dull.

Although the xbox gave the better picture, the 360's looks real good, and I would have been content with it if i had not compared it to the xbox, or any pc game for that matter.

It still is very odd that there is this very apparent issue with the vga capabilities of the 360.

redwolf

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Jan 5 2006, 12:00 AM) View Post

anyone posted this issue in the xbox.com forum?

ok i just mentioned this in xbox.com forum (lol i don't think they know anything about this), not sure if it will help, but atleast it's the official forum, anyone wanna add few comments, so hopefully M$ can fix it  ph34r.gif

http://forums.xbox.c...1/ShowPost.aspx

okandroid

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

Well i've got a 2005fpw, with the MS VGA adapter and it looks fine set at 1300-whatever.

KiLLa_App

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

i have a 23" dell lcd pc moniter with the pelican vga cheap ass from hong kong an it works flawlessly

all these issues discribed in this thread are user related due to your pc monitors being old an crappy or you dont no how to correct the gamma on your lcd screen if you bought a lcd screen with out gamma correction your a idiot! an deserve the crappy visuals you are getting

there is no problem here except the gamma is up 2 high , the contrast is through the roof an your all little kids who obviously dont have a fragging clue wtf u are talking about

playing xbox 360 on a ancient crt 93 monitor is bound to look like shit eva thought of that ? jackasses

al.so ther user that posted the pics off this site onto xbox.com is due to be susppended from xbox.com perminatly MS dont look to kindly apon xbox scene smile.gif

jizmo

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2006, 01:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(KiLLa_App @ Jan 16 2006, 08:54 AM) View Post

you bought a lcd screen with out gamma correction your a idiot!

playing xbox 360 on a ancient crt 93 monitor is bound to look like shit eva thought of that ? jackasses

al.so ther user that posted the pics off this site onto xbox.com is due to be susppended from xbox.com perminatly

I have a feeling someone else will be susppended perminatly too if he keeps this up  dry.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2006, 03:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(KiLLa_App @ Jan 15 2006, 11:54 PM) View Post

i have a 23" dell lcd pc moniter with the pelican vga cheap ass from hong kong an it works flawlessly

all these issues discribed in this thread are user related due to your pc monitors being old an crappy or you dont no how to correct the gamma on your lcd screen if you bought a lcd screen with out gamma correction your a idiot! an deserve the crappy visuals you are getting

there is no problem here except the gamma is up 2 high , the contrast is through the roof an your all little kids who obviously dont have a fragging clue wtf u are talking about

al.so ther user that posted the pics off this site onto xbox.com is due to be susppended from xbox.com perminatly MS dont look to kindly apon xbox scene smile.gif

rolleyes.gif

Xombe

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2006, 04:10:00 AM »

KiLLa_App has now found that while spelling isn't a huge issue with the staff of Xbox-scene, poor posting sure the hell is.

Enjoy the vacation, and please make good use of it.  Otherwise, it could be extended to "foreva!"

Xombe

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2006, 06:07:00 AM »

From KiLLa_App:

the problem is not with the xbox 360 it is with there pc monitors simple i work for MS you can reach me on xbox.com major nelson

if you dont understand what the problem is ask an we will help you , dont assume you no everything

your not even 20

I don't know if that is meant to be a message to me personally or not.  I'm going to have to assume not.

redwolf

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xombe @ Jan 16 2006, 03:14 PM) View Post

I suppose I was wrong.  X-S rules mean nothing to the elite:
I don't know if that is meant to be a message to me personally or not.  I'm going to have to assume not.

lmao. if he works for M$ (did he say he's Major Nelson), then why the f**k he has a pelican VGA cable from Japan  laugh.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »

From KiLLa_App:

the problem is not with the xbox 360 it is with there pc monitors simple i work for MS you can reach me on xbox.com major nelson

if you dont understand what the problem is ask an we will help you , dont assume you no everything

your not even 20

laugh.gif

Thank you for that.

Neted

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

I have the same washed out colors like you folks, with my crappy MS VGA cable I bought today.
I tested the cable with 2 TFT PC Monitors and 1 CRT (great Mitsubishi 21'' with SoG switch on 5-BNC inputs - RGB+HV or RGB-only with SoG).
I didn't have any luck with the VGA cable in any of the above monitors.

Foe-hammer I read your thoughts on xbox forums about SoG and the HV jumping to the Green signal. Have you tried this? But again, I don't think that's a SoG/not-SoG problem. As you said, the VGA cable has HV wiring and must work on every VGA monitor. The color space explanation (video-level, pc-level) fits much better on our crappy case, don't you think?

All I expect is a patch as soon as possible, the sharpness and clearance on a PC monitor are stunning but the washing-out bug ruins that all. What about the petition that was mentioned before?

Since my Mitsubishi has a SoG switch, I could test delivering signal through HD AV Cable (Component) which passes sync over Green (right?) and see the results. If I get the same bad washed-out picture, then it has nothing to do with SoG and we can safely conclude that Xbox 360 produces 16-235 levels in all cases and require a damn patch!

But, damn, I don't have right now RCA-to-BNC adaptors!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9