xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Bad, Bad Vga Cable  (Read 5115 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2006, 09:28:00 PM »

Thank you for writing to Xbox regarding MS VGA adaptor.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
2. Turn the console off.
3. Turn the console on.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.
4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.
5. The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console

In case you have other Xbox concerns, feel free to write back. We take feedback on Xbox and our Customer Service very seriously and review customer comments daily.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX
Xbox360 customer Care Team

Tried it as well, and all it did was reset the the resolution i was currently using to 640x480.  The colors, constrast, and black levels did not change.

goodl

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

is there a PC/AV option on the 26" Samsung LCD HDTV

reaper2380

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

hmm well the 360 looks great on my lcd monitor with the vga wire blink.gif

mark_in_2k

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »

I have the Joytech VGA cable to use with my Dell W4201C plasma. I had the problem with the VGA being washed out when compared to the component connections.

I took a look through my colour settings for the VGA input but couldn't find anything that would change the PC colour mode to video colour mode.

I found a service menu code from another site, so I took a look at that and there was an option for a colour calibration test. So I ran this and immediately the colour became a lot more "punchy"...perhaps too punchy as the very dark greys now look black. I'm going to run my colour calibration DVD soon to tweak the colour, but at least I don't have a problem with the washed out look now.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joshua Wood @ Feb 28 2006, 09:43 PM) View Post

And if MS won't fix anything, then all the most reason to hack the s*** out of the 360 so we can fix all the broken things wink.gif

... is there really any other reason? smile.gif

mattyj25

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »

I find that if you set the resolution to 1280x720 using the VGA cable... it looks fantastic.  I tried putting it at the highest setting, 1360x768 and it looks soft and lacking in detail.  Actually, even if I set it to 1280x768, it doesn't look that good....  

So,.... like everyone else is saying.. the scaler in the 360 is crap.  Set the rez to the native output of the 360 and let the tv do the scaling.

jizmo

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »

The Outfit demo that is now downloadable at Live! marketplace has gamma setting in its display settings.

I lowered it a little and the game looks now wonderful, blacks are blacks, colors more vivid and there's not a sign of washed-out picture. It really makes a world of an difference if you're having problems with too bright image.

Time to send those e-mails to the developers to ask this feature to future games. Don't bother with MS, they surely aren't listening to us on this.

Jedigaz

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

Alot of bad stories here regarding vga...

Thought i`d just mention that i parted my hard earned today to buy joytech`s kit for £14.99 from virgin megastores and once i set it up..very easy to do i will add.....my first reaction was WOW..and that was only fight night demo..

Also played a bit of Pes 5 from konami through the monitor and even that was 100 times better visually...

not all doom and gloom...no problems for me......xbox 360 rocks.... biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »

I already have the 360 hooked up to my fw900 monitor via 5BNC cable.  I just have a 360 vga cable connected to a 5BNC to vga cable.  The color seperation is better then just a plain vga cable, but not drastically.

The problem is not the sync seperation, but the Video color level the 360 uses, instead of PC levels......damn you, MS dry.gif .

DaForce

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »

I too am having only a slight washout on my 22" Diamond Pro 2070sb

I found a semi fix in 2 of my games. PDZ and Kameo, they have brightness controlls and putting it to LCD makes it alot better. And playing with monitor controlls, well iots basically pefect now.

I just wish PGR3 wouldnt stretch the damn screen so much!!!.. have to keep changing the monitor settings to compensate.

urmydizire

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

i too have my 360 hooked to a fw900 sony widescreen not bnc but just qwith a vga and i tell u i am this close to strangling etier myself or someone i cant handle it anymore but anyways hammer how did u hook it up through 5bnc i tried that it didnt show anything on the screen but anyways those that need help this is the best possible setting turn the contrast all the way up and lower the brightnes and set the colour temp to 6500k which is meduim thats all i can advise for now

i think ms wants us to buy hdtv or juust has a hard time making the software for it to correct the issue i know it aint easy programmming but if they are doing this on purpose i hope they get what they deserve or the person whos behind this all who has there nose up in the air anyways will see things like this dont get waived oh by the way make sure your monito has warmed up for atleast 20 miniuts before playing 360 it helps alot

rio300

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »

i just borght the lg rz 37lz55 i was running on component and it looked great but i couldnt resist try vga.anyway with lg lcd tvs you get to choose vga output in pc or dvt.i pc mode the screens looked washed and and some settings cant be changed but in dvt mode the colour is as good if not better than component you can also then alter contrast brightness colour ect.clearse picture with no compramise its fantastic glad i spent the £20 on trying it

Wiggin78

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

I'm glad this thread told me it isn't a setting problem. People at the AVS forum were positive it must be my settings. I have a 50" Samsung 1080p DLP and VGA looks terrible. Component looks 10x as good. My problem is this TV has lag because of the video processing. It is really noticeable with FPS and Racing Games. VGA eliminates the lag but then I get a shitty washed out picture. I really hope MS can fix this with an update. If not I guess I'll have to live with the lag.

DaForce

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2006, 12:43:00 AM »

FYI some games now have good brightness and contrast settings to which fixed ALOT of the problems that you guys might be having.

Kameo for one has settings for LCD, DLP..etc..etc..  (dont know if its always been there as i have only had my box for about a month)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Bad, Bad Vga Cable
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaForce @ Apr 21 2006, 12:50 AM) View Post

FYI some games now have good brightness and contrast settings to which fixed ALOT of the problems that you guys might be having.

Kameo for one has settings for LCD, DLP..etc..etc..  (dont know if its always been there as i have only had my box for about a month)

The setting in some MS games that have the (LCD, DLP, etc.) setups does not fix anything.  They are just preset brightness settings that can be done manually from the games brightness bar (which is much more accurate and customizable then the presets).  All it does is adjust the brightness bar level that is in the game, that you can do manually.  Nothing more.  It does not solve the washout colors or contrast problems.

Games like Tomb Raider that have individual brightness and contrast adjusters do a lot more to solve the problem.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9