xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xb360 With Displayport Monitor  (Read 295 times)

Bandit5317

• Archived User
Xb360 With Displayport Monitor
« on: December 28, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »

My bet would be that you are correct in thinking that the adapter isn't bi-directional. Those things are usually used to convert Displayport ports on graphics cards to HDMI for multi-monitor setups. In that case, it's designed to convert from Displayport to HDMI, not HDMI to Displayport. Usually those 'active' adapters with chips in them only work one way. I don't know if they sell adapters which convert in the way that you're looking for.

johnthakur

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:51:00 AM »

I'm using both vga and dvi inputs on my monitor. Anyone know if I can use a cheap hdmi to displayport adapters to go from my 360 to my monitor?

konica minolta transfer belt

jeremy2013

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Dec 14 2012, 09:20 PM) View Post

Has anyone here managed to get the XB360 working using a monitor with a standard (full size) Displayport connection?

My new Dell U2412M monitor has DVI-D(HDMI compatible), VGA and Displayport but no HDMI. The DVI-D works perfectly with a HDMI > DVI-D adapter cable, the VGA works fine but I just can't get the Displayport working with the XB360.

All the information I have found online suggests all you need is a Displayport > HDMI adapter but when using one these the XB360 reacts like it's not connected to a monitor ie. it's not recognising the connection. The monitor recognises the Displayport > HDMI dongle is fitted, although that might just be a physical report. Whilst it indicates there is nothing wrong with the Displayport I don't have any Displayport capable devices to be certain of this 100%.

However, as I know the HDMI cables I've tried are good and the XB360's HDMI output is good that otherwise leaves just two possibilities:-

1). HDMI(F) > Displayport(M) adapter is faulty.

2). There's some form of incompatibility going on with the adapter.

The adapter is meant to have a small conversion chip built in. What I am thinking is that this is not bi-directional. I have found one Amazon seller warning about non-bi-directionality with their adapter but nowhere else.

That also suggests that somewhere somebody should be selling a HDMI > Displayport monitor adapter rather than the Displayport > HDMI monitor one I bought. But no seller I've found is making the distinction whatever they're selling.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Try Dell UltraSharp U2312HM. It has better features for IPS. One more thing, Diplayports are not substitutes for HDMI. It can only improve the system but its HDMI cannot be replaced. If it doesn't work, try to buy a <a href="http://www.squidoo.com/best-displayport-monitor">new displayport monitor</a> for the appropriate gadget.

beenle

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 01:41:00 AM »

this one may have the thing you want http://www.eachbyte.com,wish i could help you.