xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdmi To Hdmi-dvi Adapter Problems!  (Read 185 times)

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Hdmi To Hdmi-dvi Adapter Problems!
« on: January 12, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »

You know they have these right http://www.google.co...ved=0CGIQ8wIwAQ

Tylerkl

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Jan 13 2012, 05:00 AM) View Post

You know they have these right http://www.google.co...ved=0CGIQ8wIwAQ

Yes I do, but as i am working on a limited budget of $0 haha. I need to make this work and I need to know if it is even possible.

dennisv9

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »

if it works, it should work automatically. try and see

but, if the handshake protocol of your lcd is not compatible with the xbox 360 it won't work. i have the same problem with my 24 inch full hd samsung monitor, it has dvi. i used a dvi-hdmi converter, and get no signal with my ps3. apparantly in some firmware updates by sony the handshake protocol was updated, after which the monitor does not recognize the ps3 anymore. it still works fine on my lcd (also only dvi connector available), also using the same dvi-hdmi converter.

Tylerkl

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 02:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(dennisv9 @ Jan 13 2012, 11:10 PM) View Post

if it works, it should work automatically. try and see

but, if the handshake protocol of your lcd is not compatible with the xbox 360 it won't work. i have the same problem with my 24 inch full hd samsung monitor, it has dvi. i used a dvi-hdmi converter, and get no signal with my ps3. apparantly in some firmware updates by sony the handshake protocol was updated, after which the monitor does not recognize the ps3 anymore. it still works fine on my lcd (also only dvi connector available), also using the same dvi-hdmi converter.

yea that's what I thought it was as well... but after 10 mins of just plugging it in and unplugging it finally worked...weird how sometimes that's all things need haha

dennisv9

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 02:18:00 AM »

10 minutes you say... biggrin.gif let me try that too, perhaps i wasn't patient enough...