xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! Screen Goes Black While Playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 D  (Read 102 times)

Questi4110

• Archived User

I have a problem with my xbox 360 while playing battlefield: bad company 2.  When the game goes to a cut scene, the screen goes black.

During this time, I have normal audio and I can even press the center xbox button on the controller to access the main menu (where I can successfully go back to dashboard), but I don't see anything on the screen.  I can even move my character (blindly) but it seems like either the cut scene does not load properly and the screen goes black.  I can't even try to exit out of the cut scene by pressing select.

I think it attempts to go to cut scene but fails so it just stays in the game but the screen goes black just like normally it would right before it cutting to a video scene.

What is weird is that if I restart the game, sometimes the cut scene it went black on previously will actually load properly and sometimes it wont.

I have had this xbox for a while and have had no problems with it in the past.  I know the xbox isn't frozen because I can go right back to dashboard if I want to and there is no error that pops up. All other games still play fine and I have tried my friend's copy of the game and it does not work with his copy either.

I am using component cables.

Also, when I first played the game, it applied an update that is required to play the game. I even cleared the HDD cache and it hasn't help (although, it hasn't asked me to apply the update again which I assumed it would since I cleared the cache).

Anybody else having trouble with this?  Please help!

THANKS