xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Audio, No Video, No Rrod....wtf?  (Read 41 times)

ToBbErT

• Archived User
No Audio, No Video, No Rrod....wtf?
« on: April 11, 2009, 07:23:00 AM »

I had the same problem and using the ovenfix solved it. The error code explains that it was a overheating problem but in most cases its just broken solders points. Im pretty conficent that you can get it back up and running again but there also a possibilty you fried something. Anyway its worth a shot.

darealmastad

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »

Uhh maybe a little late, but I had this problem after the xclamp removal (the constant overheating problem). I noticed once I took the washers off (all of them) the system would boot fine and stay fine. I have not fixed a lot of consoles (meaning as in numbers of how many consoles given to me) but I have fixed 2 of them by leaving the washers off. I think the heatsinks were not touching and hovering over the chips. I did the proper procedures with screw->washer->Motherboard->washer->washer->heatsink but still had a problem and removed them. Now its screw->Motherboard->heatsink. However I only tightened as strong as my fingers, you also have to keep the heatsinks level when tightening the screws.

ShotgunBob

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »

My xbox has been doing the same thing.  I've taken it apart to the mother board, and will be finishing it up tonight.  Hopefully, it will work.