xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! Monitor Doesn't Want To Work For Pc After Being Used Wit  (Read 33 times)

pogonoforysci

• Archived User
Help! Monitor Doesn't Want To Work For Pc After Being Used Wit
« on: February 02, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »

I bought an Xbox 360 two days ago. I connected it to my 19inch CRT Samsung via VGA cable - no problems with getting sound or vision, I set the resolution in the console system settings to 1280X1024 (picture is perfect, image fills the whole screen when not playing but when i turn on Gears of War 2 I'm getting cinema like screen (black bars at the top and bottom). The problem was with switching back from Xbox to PC. After pluging the cable into the graphics card the PC booted normally but after the screen where you have Windows loading progress bar I was suddenly getting a black screen (while the PC's unit was working normally - I could hear the drive working, see diods bliping etc.) and monitor was making a "shut down sound" the same as it was usually making when I wasn't using the computer for longer times. After a while of trail and error I noticed that Xbox is using 1280X1024 resolution while the PC is using 1024x768. So what I started to do was to play in 1280x1024 but to change the resolution back to 1024x768 before switching to the PC - that method seemed to be fine, PC worked happily. Unfortunetely today in the morning when I tried to turn on the PC I got the same problem - black screen after windows loading. Monitor still works perfectly with the console. I even tried to change the resolution in console settings to 1024x768 a couple of times but it didn't help. Has anyone have a clue what might be the reason and what is the solution? I'll be really gratefull for any help!