xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Display Or Sound  (Read 45 times)

brandogg

• Archived User
No Display Or Sound
« on: August 16, 2008, 12:55:00 AM »

Are you using HDMI? Do you ever get an E74 error (one red light)?

brandogg

• Archived User
No Display Or Sound
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »

It happens to my console on occasion, and has happened since day one. I don't think there's much you can do about it, other than *possibly* replacing the HANA chip. It seems to me like it has something to do with the "HDCP handshake" between HDMI devices and TVs. Sometimes I have to boot my Falcon system twice to get it to display sound/picture, and it's never locked up or given the 3 red lights, and has shown me E74 2 or 3 times , usually after it fails to start up the first time (as in the second time it shows E74).

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
No Display Or Sound
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 04:34:00 AM »

This can also be GPU related and after reflowing stuff with a heatgun you should ALWAYS replace the X-Clamps otherwise the flexing will break the freshly reflowed solder balls again in no time.

SYNBAD

• Archived User
No Display Or Sound
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Aug 23 2008, 12:10 PM) View Post

This can also be GPU related and after reflowing stuff with a heatgun you should ALWAYS replace the X-Clamps otherwise the flexing will break the freshly reflowed solder balls again in no time.

Keep you posted will try today  do the xclamp first since I already have the done heatgun thing ?