xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: E74 Error  (Read 37 times)

fezza37

• Archived User
E74 Error
« on: July 11, 2008, 05:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(lethal m0nky @ Jul 9 2008, 05:44 AM) View Post

when i turn my xbox on the bottom right light flashes red and on my screen it says system error in lots of languages and at the bottom it says e74 does anyone know how to fix it or why it does that

help! we got this last night as well

ozzy_paul

• Archived User
E74 Error
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

E74: There is high chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip near the AV cable connection) it can also be caused by a faulty AV cable so check that first. In some cases it is a problem with the GPU and may be repairable by doing the x-clamp replacement (see error 0102)

0102 Error in the "Digital Backbone" (CPU/GPU/RAM), this is usually caused by a cold solder joint between the GPU and the mainboard.
There are two theories to fixing this one deals with the "X" clamps that hold down the chips. The other involves re-Heating the chips. DO NOT attempt either of these if your console is still under warranty. If your console is still under warranty return it to the store where it was purchased or call MS to have it replaced.

Click on this link and have a read and see if you want to do it.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=595746

I`m only a newbie to the 360 but I hope this helps you out.

Cheers
Paul.

BlackWar

• Archived User
E74 Error
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 06:42:00 AM »

not hard at all. the only tedious part is tring to remove the old x-clamps, but as long as you keep your cool and take your time, its no real biggie.