xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: #$%&!* Xbox 360!  (Read 88 times)

cgfern

• Archived User
#$%&!* Xbox 360!
« on: March 01, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »

Well, Microsoft got me again.... I had the RRoD issue, sent it off and got back a replacement. All good. I then proceeded to mod my 360. Two months or so of running fine, then I got slapped in the face with another issue. Audio but no video. I have tried diff cable, diff tv, diff game etc etc...nada. For obvious reasons I can't send this unit to xbox for repair. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to repair this? Or possibly someplace that fixes xbox's other than microsoft? Any info would be a huge help. Thanks!

kroenem

• Archived User
#$%&!* Xbox 360!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:47:00 PM »

It's a video card issue. There's another post about it two down fromt his one.. Most people think an x clamp replacement is in order.

Trune

• Archived User
#$%&!* Xbox 360!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 05:06:00 PM »

seems to be a same cause as the RROD issue.

I had RROD issue, so replaced the clamps with bolts, and 6 months on i started getting random green colours on display... Then lost all picture, sound still perfect.

I took it apart, and played around with the tightness of the bolts which replaced the clamps, managed to get video back, but now i get a single red light error, with error 73....

So i guess you could try replacing x-clamps to fix your problem, hopefully it should work.

cgfern

• Archived User
#$%&!* Xbox 360!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 06:58:00 PM »

coo, I;ll give that a shot. Thanks all!